New times with edge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New times with edge...

Well, I finally got out to the track this year with my new edge 2800-2900 stall, 2.45str, 96.8% eff converter, BMR tubular LCA's w/reclocation brackets. I also had a set of used BFG DR's to try out. Rest of mods in sig...

First, I went with a conservative converter because this car is street first with a turbo coming later in the year, so I know that it could be bigger, but this is what I want and I love it! :D

Best time last year.
    60' = 2.3
    1/4 = 15.695
    MPH = 88

Anyways, first run of the day which has always been my best, I left the street tires on...

60' = 2.04
    ET = 15.43
    MPH = 86

So at that point cutting a 2.0 60' i was pretty excited about the propect of putting on the dr's [img]smile.gif[/img]

...however, this track isn't known for traction and not wanting to break my car, I never got the things heated up enough. Every time i'd slam the brakes to spin the rubber, i'd start sliding sideways to the left and let off.

Best time with dr's.

60' = 2.1
    ET = 15.5
    MPH = 86

So i've learned a few things...

1. I suck as a driver [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2. My track sucks for traction(everyone complains there).
    3. I think i'll get linelock cause it's cheap, and then I won't be afraid to heat the tires up properly.
    4. My car launches way harder than it did last year which is awesome, but it's got 1.x 60's in it [img]smile.gif[/img]
    5. Did I mention I suck as a driver? :D

That was really my first time on slicks and with the stall. For most of the day I just flashed it from 1000rpm... I tried stalling to 2800 on one pass but I broke loose and almost redlighted with those darn cold slicks.

So i have this summer pre-turbo to practice launching with the new stall and slicks.... should be fun.

There is another local track that uses lots of vht on their track. I'm going to try to get up there in the next month and play with the launch some more.

I can hang with an 02 5spd now, smoke'd him off the launch, but he catche's me in 3rd [img]smile.gif[/img] Was much fun... we had some great races. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

I hate to be an as*, and I hope you don't take it like that but... 2900 stall is weak. You gonna need to send it back to Andre for a restall if you're going to want to see numbers out of it.

What can you brake torque your car to? Is it spinning out of the hole? What are you launching at?

Comment

Don't worry, you being an *** is expected ;)

I talked to Andre about what I wanted, and went with his recommendation... this is a street car first, show car second, race car third so i'm keeping the stall. He told me to expect the stall rating to jump to 3200-3300 once I get the turbo on which is where i want to be.

I think I need to learn how to drive and launch it to expect the numbers I want...

Anyways, as to your questions... I only made about 8 passes.... so I didnt' get to play much with stalling... i was more worried about heating up the tires.

Most times I left it at idle and slammed the pedal at the 3rd amber.

One pass I brake torqued it to about 3000 and the wheels started to spin... almost redlighted, got a bad 60', went back to flashing from idle.
      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

I would go much higher with the stall when you get the turbo... at least 3600. Don't be afraid of the high stall. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It will take a few times to learn the converter before you'll see a good time. Slacker69 took a whole season to learn how to launch on his Edge right, but when he did the 60's were mean.

Comment

Well, I will admit it didn't affect my streetability as much as i'd expected, but it's affecting the life of my rear tires :eek: :D

Comment

Slacker69 daily drives a 3800 Edge
            LordofthaBling daily drives a 3500 Vigi
            There is a V6 Camaro in Chicago that daily drives a stall higher then all of these

dont be scured ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X