my times sucked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my times sucked

i went to the track for my first ever and i ran a best of 16.5. granted its my first time to ever run i figured i should at least be in the 15's. i got a 96 bird with 3.8, slp cold air, flows catback, hypertech 160 thermo and only 55k miles. i got an auto, it was around low 80's, humidity was high and no wind. what could be wrong? any suggestions
    bad news- the 96 bird is gone<br />good news- a 95 trans am replaced it:lt4 cam and heads,msd,hooker headers,3inch flowmaster,cold air induction,and some laughin gas!

Don't sweat it.

I went 16.7 first time out.

Cold air, cat back, wires, plugs, n thermo.

Gotta start somewhere.

Look where I ended up.

Humidity affects perf
    Heat affects perf.

Check out the drag racing section and you will def learn a lot of ways to go much quicker
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

If you can post the rest of your timeslip (60', trap speed, ect)
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai:
        If you can post the rest of your timeslip (60', trap speed, ect)
        yep if you can post that we can help you figure out exactly what you want to work on...

Drag racing may seem easy, but like anything in life you need to try it a few times and get it worked out.

I cut about .5-.6 off my times in my 3.4L just practicing at the track.

hell I ran a 15.6 my first time out, and squezed it down to a 14.4 in a matter of 2 months(track was closed for like 3 weeks too. And All I did was some free mods [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It has a lot to do with weather. I ran for the first time last week and got 16.0 This week I went back to MIR and got 15.79. Considering it was humid and hot, everyone was getting slower times. Not sure how much it affects it.
          I also had to travle 1.5 hours to get there so my engine was hot. Finally I had my tank more than half full, I hear you should run your car with only a 1/4 tank of gas.
          I am guessing I should run high 15's once I get used to the track and get rid of the extra weight of the gas.
          2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

plus the fact that your car totally sux might not have any thing to do with it....hahaha lol....nah you did really good though jeff i mean come on bro didnt you notice how eric was all not wanting to race you after yalls first encounter? if you reaction time would have been better then you would have spanked him....just keep up the good work and...get amy tuh buy you more stuff for the car
            ford fan

Comment

My first 1/4 was 16.2 ? my ASR was ON...;)

I think practicing is the key...

my best is 15'87 and still no good launch, a lot of spinning

the trouble is that we've just have 1/8 tracks in france...
              I have to wait the lurcy levis event next year in july ... the only one 1/4 event here

I Can't WAIT!!!!
              99\' Camaro M5 3.23 LSD<br />-SLP CAI,K&N,Whisper Lid,!MAF Screen<br />-2\'5 Flowmaster Catback <br />-BMR STB<br />-Kumho 712 supra 245/50/16<br /> <a href=\"http://www.camaroV6.fr\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.camaroV6.fr</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X