My bird currently has only 3:23 gears.

I've gone 14.0 N/A
    A best of a 1.88 N/A

Spinning to a 12.1 on the bottle
    A best of 1.58 spinning 60 foot

Take an educated guess on two changes:

1) 4:10's added

2) 4:10's and converter restalled for 3500 rpm's

I'm looking for N/A guesses mainly becuase the thought of my 1.58 multiplied by a 4:10 gear is mind boggling.

Thanks
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

You NEED to hear from Magnus on this -- he did lots of gear swaps as "R & D" until he settled on a gear.
      -Rob
      <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

wouldnt you have to remove the speed limiter??? cause wouldnt you hit it with 4:10's if you are going that fast
        2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Solid .2-.4

3.23 to 3.73 is a world of difference.
          \"Since I started working, every single day has been worse than the day before, so that every day you see me is the worst day of my life\"

Comment

I would think that 4.10's would kill your top end, especially on an automatic. Who was the board member that had 4.10's and then removed them, was it Magnus?

I was under the impression that the 3.42's would be the best for the V6 F-body, with the best acceleration possible with still having a decent top end. It has been proven before, hasn't it?
            2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

You will run faster NA.
              It won't kill your topend.
              Traction on the bottle will be awesomely fun to watch... :D
              Do it...
              I am going to be spraying a 100 shot on 3.73s very soon.
              DEFINATELY a 13 second pass.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Don't you have a converter made for nitrous? What's your shift extensions with it? A little short narrative about the converter would help.

Then you can match the gears to the converter to maximize the setup. Just because you go with more gear or converter doesn't mean you'll go faster.

Alot of people just randomly throw mods together.

You're trying to setup the car for NA and nitrous. You can get a happy median, but you won't maximize either. If you're happy with that then do it, otherwise concentrate on one and settle for whatever the other brings.

Comment

4.10s might be a little extreme...

I am not sure you will get a 1.58 60' n/a you don't have the torque you were making with the juice.

though something steeper then 3.23s might be in order...

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                    4.10s might be a little extreme...

I am not sure you will get a 1.58 60' n/a you don't have the torque you were making with the juice.

though something steeper then 3.23s might be in order...
                    Thats why I choose the 3.73s...
                    I doubt 3.42s will make much difference.
                    If you can maintain traction with 3.73s and juice, and not hit the speed limiter (Remove it) your car would fly. The SOTP feeling would be awesome.
                    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Magnus ran 4.10's for a while and he had them in when he went 13.6. I think his car would have went low 13's if he had stayed V6... Maybe even a 12.99 with a bigger cam.
                      98 Pontiac Formula<br />10.3@136 | 1.58 | 3450 Raceweight

Comment

I can't say much about 3.42-3.73s..

but on my manual, I got about a 4/10ths gain gign 3.23s-3.42s, and LSD... but the lsd helped alot with my launches.

I notcied the difference, and I really did not want to go with any higher gearing, becasue my already hurting top end 3.4L lost some top end.

3.73s, might be decent for an auto, since they are not geared as steep as a 5-speed.

Comment

i would go with 3.73s instead of 4.10s
                          \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

put 4.10 and you might run with me... spinnin all the way down. when you cant hook up with 3.23 no way in hell you are hookin with 4.10. but i could be wrong and you be the first in the 10's. but no...you wont hook up
                            Fighting Texas Aggie class of 2008<br />black 3.4 T-top bird<br />- K&N CAI - magnaflo catback - slect coils - catco cat - tb coolant bypass

Comment

Hey James do you have a trans brake?? If so I would say 13.4 @97mph.. If not 13.6 @ 97mph..
                              Jeff ..
                              1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                              2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                              1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                              http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X