too much to hope for???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too much to hope for???

I run 14.9 all day with my open differential and 3.23s'. is it to much to think that I will take off a whole second with just my lsd and 3.42s' if so, whats reasonable???

[ May 24, 2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Timmy ]
    96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

I assume you mean 3.42's, right? I think that you are looking more at taking off .3 at the very most. Even that might be generous.
    98 Silver Camaro V6<br />15.238 @91.74 w/ 2.288 60\'<br />Mods: K&N, FTRA, Pacesetter Headers, Spec 3 Clutch, 160 Thermo, TSP Rumbler, 3\" Catco, Whisper Lid, 3.42\'s w/LSD, Aluminum DS, Man Fan Switch<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain

Comment

really?? thats sad. :(
      96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

Comment

You may be able to get .4. If you hooked and hit a 2.1 60 which is reasonable, that should take off the .4.
        Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

~.3-.5 thats what I gained consistantly going from open diff 3.23s to lsd, and 3.42s in a 5-speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy:
            Taking almost a half second off is pretty damn good I'd say.
            Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by FloydSummerOf68:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Timmy:
              Taking almost a half second off is pretty damn good I'd say. </font>[/QUOTE]I totally agree, that would put you at 14.4 to 14.6 that's very good for our cars.
              2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Im ok with taking off a half second. he said .3 was generous. that was sad. im ok with .5 though. :D [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

You might even get more, your 60's are pretty crappy... and your mph is decent...

I think you could hit 14.7s with a better 60' jsut practice more.

Comment

we shall see. watch me run a 14.9 [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] , that would suck.

Comment

I ran 15.8 constantly with my open 3.08, but when i went to 3.42 with LSD, my best time was 15.7.
                      I was told to give it some time to let the gears break in?!?!?!
                      New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                      RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                      crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                      The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

I went form consistant 16.0s with an occasional 15.9 on my stock 3.23s, and open diff...

I switched to 3.42s, lsd, 4 disc brake and lt1 drivesahft, and ran consistant 15.6s all day long with an occasional 15.5

Comment

well, i just found out that I have to go with 3.73s. Can I add another tenth to all the suggestions??? [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

I picked up .3 from going to 3.23's to 3.73's...

Assuming to cut 2.0 60's, then you could see 14.4s, maybe 14.3's
                            Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
                            "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
                            http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Seppo Kaitainen:
                              I picked up .3 from going to 3.23's to 3.73's...

Assuming to cut 2.0 60's, then you could see 14.4s, maybe 14.3's
                              he is not allowed to go to 14.3s...
                              .its faster then me ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X