headers+catback+lid=slower et

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers+catback+lid=slower et

Went to the track yesterday hoping to improve on my stock time of 16.6 with some rather surprising and frustrating results.

stock(no muffler)
    r/t-.971
    60'-2.503
    330'-7.063
    1/8th-10.804
    mph-66.05
    1000-13.993
    1/4-16.683
    mph-83.50

now my time with headers, a 3" catback with 4"tips, and a whisper lid.
    r/t-.744
    60'-2.504
    330'-7.113
    1/8th-10.961
    mph-63.99
    1000-14.236
    1/4-16.987
    mph-81.97

My 60ft's are virtually identical but it seems i lost power on the upper end. I also lost a mile and a half on my trap. What gives? Im in vegas so the elevation is around 2000ft and the temp was around 80 with low humidity.

I sure do miss my LT-1. Stock i ran 15.1. Put on a $80.00 cold air intake from the net and I ran a 14.7@97.00mph. Those were the days...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    mike
    1998 Camaro<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />3\"cat-back w/3.5\"tips<br />3.42+lsd<br />Intense Racing PCM

umm how long fron the time you put the mods on till the time you got to the track??
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

60fts are horrible...
      ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

My stock time was actually about a month in a half ago. Three weeks later I ran at the track with open headers and ran a 16.7. I did my exhaust the week after that and I put the whisper lid on the day I went to the track which was a week after that. So about a month in a half between the 16.6 run and two weeks from the time I ran a 16.7.
        The weather on both occasions was very similiar.
        1998 Camaro<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />3\"cat-back w/3.5\"tips<br />3.42+lsd<br />Intense Racing PCM

Comment

did you have AT LEAST 80 miles on the car after the mods

did you unhook battery for a minute or 5 ?
          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

"did you have AT LEAST 80 miles on the car after the mods

did you unhook battery for a minute or 5 ?"

Unhooked the battery when I put the headers on. Ran at least 80 miles with the headers but with the lid i put that on right before i went to the track because that was the day i recieved it in the mail. do you think unhooking the battery for a period of time will help?

I was thinking the same thing to. That the cpu had to learn and adjust to the mods first before it would run right. Im going to have the pcm programmed for all my mods after i put on my 3.42's and lsd next week.

Comment

whats a lsd???

Comment

LSD = Limited Slip Differential.
                Or as most people tend to think Posi even though it really isnt the same thing. Posi both tires are given power. With Limited Slip the tire with more traction is given the power.
                98 Silver Camaro V6<br />15.238 @91.74 w/ 2.288 60\'<br />Mods: K&N, FTRA, Pacesetter Headers, Spec 3 Clutch, 160 Thermo, TSP Rumbler, 3\" Catco, Whisper Lid, 3.42\'s w/LSD, Aluminum DS, Man Fan Switch<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain

Comment

LSD = Limited slip diff. or both back tires spin

White_camaro --- i dont think you PCM had time to learn new fuel curves. i have read many times the PCM needs about 40 miles to "learn" for the add air flow" and have heard up to 80 miles......
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:

White_camaro --- i dont think you PCM had time to learn new fuel curves. i have read many times the PCM needs about 40 miles to "learn" for the add air flow" and have heard up to 80 miles......
                    False. Not with those mods.
                    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by viper04af:

False. Not with those mods. </font>[/QUOTE]with the lid and added air flow the PCM needs at least 40 miles to "relearn"

they drove every car 40 miles what they was tesing the after market lids for the V8 (forget if it was vette or camaro)
                      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Something must be wrong with your car if it's a 3.8 and only trapping in the low 80's. All the 3.8 1/4 times I've seen are all at least in the mid 80's with most in the 86-90 mph range. You should easily be over 90 with those mods.

Comment

That car has some miliage and usage on it, could be a worn engine, clutch or tranny. My 2000 3.8 is pretty damn fast, but it only has 12k miles on it.
                          255/50R16 Tires, Pioneer Deck, Pioneer 4 Way speakers, PPI Amps, JL subs, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Optima Yellow Top

Comment

Uhm...

Each car you have owned runs slow as crap (compared to how it should run).

I'm going out on a limb here, I am going to say the problem is you can't drive.

Comment

Most people seem to do 2 or better on their 60ft. Hows traction on the launch? Still doesn't explain why you got no performance increase under such similar conditions with the mods.
                              96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X