Finally got to the track, new personal best n/a 3.4L, new problem...Now w/ pics - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got to the track, new personal best n/a 3.4L, new problem...Now w/ pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tore down the trans today. Here are pics of the clutch (or whats left of it).

Dual Friction pics

Comment

how old was the clutch?

Comment

I had it in the car for a month.

Comment

yeah I noticed I posted in your drivetain thread... sorry to hear for the badluck

jsut be happy its the lcutch, I have goen through trannies that fast and they are more expensive to fix.

Comment

Owned! I'd say get you an OEM replacement...
            MODS:<br />3.4,Crower cam, K-motion valvesprings, Heddman Longtubes, BBK AFPR, Accel Coil, 36mm/23mm Sways, Boxed LCAs/Panhard bar, Mutant Nitrous wet kit, Mr. Gasket Cutout, 10.02 1/8 mile at 67.2 mph UNTUNNED no spray

Comment

Originally posted by FbodTrek:
              OEM replacement?
              If I'm pushing enough horse to fry an aftermarket performance clutch, what chance would an OEM replacement have? :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jerriko:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FbodTrek:
                OEM replacement?
                If I'm pushing enough horse to fry an aftermarket performance clutch, what chance would an OEM replacement have? :rolleyes:
                </font>[/QUOTE]Its possible the aftermarket clutch was defective...

I had no problems with nothing but oem replacement clutches in my 3.4L.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                  Its possible the aftermarket clutch was defective...

I had no problems with nothing but oem replacement clutches in my 3.4L. [/QB]
                  That was just a joke about the horses but still there's no way I'm going to put an OEM clutch in this car. I think there is a difference between the 3.4L you had and the 3.4L I am running. But still, I do think this clutch was defective.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerriko:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                    Its possible the aftermarket clutch was defective...

I had no problems with nothing but oem replacement clutches in my 3.4L.
                    That was just a joke about the horses but still there's no way I'm going to put an OEM clutch in this car. I think there is a difference between the 3.4L you had and the 3.4L I am running. But still, I do think this clutch was defective. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]I agree there is a difference but I doubts its anything like 60 hp difference. If you have the money go with aftermarket for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                      I agree there is a difference but I doubts its anything like 60 hp difference. If you have the money go with aftermarket for sure. [/QB]
                      Actually, it should be more than a 60 hp difference but I can't really say anything until I get another clutch and get it to the dyno for real numbers.

Comment

I'm trapping about 85 mph (tops), Though I have an auto. And no, I don't think 60hp either... OEM tends to be the best option for reliability, that's not the first aftermarket clutch I've seen torn up. I don't think you'll ever make enough TORQUE (which is what skrews clutches), to mutilate an OEM replacement. I was actually VERY surprised that that one crapped on you. Exedy makes some great clutches, might try one of them if you don't wanna go OEM.
                        MODS:<br />3.4,Crower cam, K-motion valvesprings, Heddman Longtubes, BBK AFPR, Accel Coil, 36mm/23mm Sways, Boxed LCAs/Panhard bar, Mutant Nitrous wet kit, Mr. Gasket Cutout, 10.02 1/8 mile at 67.2 mph UNTUNNED no spray

Comment

?
                          OEM clutch? Mustangeater who originally suggested that is having problems with his oem clutch. Why would I do that? Besides, I already have the spec 3. Just another break in time to go through. And yeah, at least 60 hp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X