12.51 at 108 w/ 1.71 60ft on 9-10psi - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12.51 at 108 w/ 1.71 60ft on 9-10psi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

et streets are not slicks
    2004 srt4 few goodies<br />13.3 @ 103.4

Comment

Originally posted by jmihalchik98:
      et streets are not slicks
      http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...39&prmenbr=361

"Street Legal Racing Slicks!"
      Past Ride
      1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
      (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
      2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

Shane...very nice times..wtg.

Comment

As for the spinning don't worry about the tire or your setup...

try the track again another day... You know how OrlandoSpinWorld can be at times...

maybe aim for Firday June 11th... they will pre-prep the track like hell for the Quick 32, Super-Pro, Sportsman day on the 12th...

Comment

Nice baseline runs.

I would maybe try 15psi with the ET Streets. Remember that slicks will heat up and tire psi increase +2. You can try 15 and then you are running at 17, or whatever you want to do. I would not go lower than 14psi cold because you can spin the tires on the rim.

I'm guessing you probably peak at 5800 or so, is that the case? I would shift no more than 10% past peak HP.

I think your car could probably work a little better in the first half of the track, your 1/8th mph and lower than I would expect your car is flying from the 1/8th to the traps. I think you will need at least 89mph in the 1/8th to run 11's, maybe a bit more.

Are you running a stock converter? I would run probably a 2800-3500 stall depending on how aggressive you want to be.
            98 Pontiac Formula<br />10.3@136 | 1.58 | 3450 Raceweight

Comment

I have a 3300 stall Edge Racing converter.......as for my boost...i have to get a better wastegate spring.....it only allows me 9-10psi.....ive even pulled the vacuum line off and it just goes to 9-10psi.

My turbine wheel is too small which is slowing me down topend.....right now I have the Standard T3 turbine wheel which me and many other say is choking topend....im going with the Stage 3 turbonetics wheel real soon.
              Past Ride

Current Ride

Comment

15PSI on an ET Street.. noooo, thats hella low for a drag radial, 17 PSI is fine
                -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

That is an awesome ran. Congrats. You can only get better from here.

Say, where is your website? I wanna check out your set up again. I had it in my favorites but accidently deleted it.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

http://www.cardomain.com/id/shane1015

all i have is that for now....im not skilled enuff to make a website but i want to get one.
                    Past Ride

Current Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Shane:
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/shane1015

all i have is that for now....im not skilled enuff to make a website but i want to get one.
                      Thanks Shane. Very nice indeed.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by StudlyCamaro:
                        15PSI on an ET Street.. noooo, thats hella low for a drag radial, 17 PSI is fine
                        ET streets are not drag radials. They are a wrinkle-wall street legal slick (they have a couple pathetic excuses for treadlines in them and the walls are a bit stiffer than regular wrinkle-wall tires, making them street legal. I wouldn't run a ET street at any more than 16psi unless you're having bogging issues.
                        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

15 psi here also w/ my et streets
                          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

all honesty though shane, I say try out the same setup another night... some nights OSW can be total crap...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X