Need some launching advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some launching advice

I don't know how to get traction with my converter setup, best I've ever pulled is a 2.081 '60 and I haven't been able to match it. Mostly I just run 2.2X '60s now.

I have Potenza RE950 245's on all four.

I have a 3000 Stall Edge converter, 2.4 str.

I'll try launching at 3000, but I spin the tires way too much and the rear end just goes sideways :rolleyes:

I try launching at 2500 and it doesn't spin, but pulls the same '60.

I try launching at 2800 and it breaks the tires loose.

Maybe I need to practice techniques with flashing right after the stall? Stall to 2500 then punch it right after launch? I don't know...

My best 1/8 and '60 both are not a part of my best 1/4 et timeslip. If I could match my best '60 and 1/8 now I might be able to run significantly faster.

I'm just looking for tips on how to control this converter'ed car with street tires.

THANKS [img]smile.gif[/img]
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Originally posted by Camarorulz:
    how to control this converter'ed car with street tires.
    That's your problem right there. You won't be able to use the full potential of your convertor on street tires. Invest in some drag radials for the track. I don't think you're making enough power to justify slicks,,but then again, I don't know what mods you have done or how fast your car is. If you're still running 15's as it says in your sig,,then I would go with radials.
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Don't stall the converter up as much as you can with the footbrake. I find that I do the best when I only put enough on it to load the rear up a little (like 1700rpm or so) then flash the converter from there.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X