any guesses on my first times???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any guesses on my first times???

I have never been to the track yet but will be there this saturday (weather permitting) I have a 96 3.8, 5spd, lt1 driveshaft, 24lb fuel injectors, headers, cold air, 212. 220. 512. 512. 115 ls cam, hi lift valve springs, titanium retainers, still open differential with 3.23's (but my posi and gears are in my garage) what do you think??? any chance i'll take top 5 in the N.A. timeslip list?? J/K
    96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

People can't really answer questions like this and usually don't try to.
    A lot of it depends on how you drive your car...especially since its a 5spd....so just do your best and let us know how you do.
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

I know that this is going to be very high-balling, but I will say low 15's.... having an open differential and your mods, and that it is your first time at the track, you are going to spin and it's going to take you a while to get a handle on her. Especially if you are just using street tires.

-Justin

P.S. If you end up hooking and driving well, then I completely retract my estimate. Good luck! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
      <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

I saw 16s...

j/k don't expect much at first, just get hte feel, and focus on the launch rest of the stuff is easy after that...

my advice is start out launching hard and lighten up from there, till you get the launch right but some say, take it easy and launch it harder and harder.

Comment

When i practice my launches on the street, I usually can get minimal wheel spin and hop at around 1500-1800 rpms. How much different is it going to be at the track. Im assuming that it'll be a lot more sticky there. should I try to launch a little higher?
          96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

Comment

Actually that's about right, for the stock converter. I see low 15's to high 14's if your car is tuned correctly and you have decent traction.
            2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X