Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET Street Users.. In here.

Who all is using the ET Streets?
    Anyone had any read end problems with them?
    Need some info before I do it.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

My 10 bolt w/ 3.73s hasn't broken.... yet...

I don't have one of those girdle covers, but I did replace the bearing cap bolts with studs.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

No probs here &lt;&lt;&lt;knock on wood&gt;&gt;&gt;
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Shirl - Stock rear?
        Skinny - Can you give me more details on the stud setup. I am interested.
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

et streets are good tires. teh 10bolt shoudl live just fine behind them for a long time. jsut try to always hit your hoelshots in a straight line, launching or doing burnouts around corners or whiel turning is what can really kill a rear/carrier the fastest.
          i am personally a bigger fan of the hoosier quick time pro. they have equal grip but seem to need a bit less of a burnout to get really sticky, that usually means they will last a bit longer. both are priced about the same.

later
          tim
          NJ SPEEDER<br />1976 Camaro LT<br />Crate 350, TH350, 3.90 posi<br />New Jersey F-Body Owners Association<br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

I've broken them.

Keep in mind, over 1000 passes on my set up.

Shirl has recently hit 11's and only recently upgraded to et streets.

Many more days at the track w/ dead hooking WILL break the rear.

ET streets are the stock f body rear DEATH!

If you aren't making the power then stay with drag's.

Skinny, shirl and I definately need them.

I run a stock rear w/ a t/a girdle and stud kit and a powertrax locker rear.

I have not made any nityroused passes w/ the et streets and the locker rear but that will change this weekend as long as the weather holds out.
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
              I've broken them.

I have not made any nityroused passes w/ the et streets and the locker rear but that will change this weekend as long as the weather holds out.
              Do you think the upgrades you did will hold up when using ET Streets? I was thinking about making a couple of high boost passes with some and didn't want to break anything. Right now I don't have the money to fix it, if it breaks.

Also what size do you run? I might borrow some but I'm not sure if they are too big.
              2000 turbo/intercooled M5 Black Firebird<br />349.5hp and 415.3tq @ 4400rpms

Comment

if you are worried about your rear lasting but you don't have the cash/desire to go to a 12bolt/9inch you may wanna go to www.thirdgen.org
                there are several tech articles about building a strong and long lasting 10-bolt. it isn't even very expensive if you do the work yourself.

later
                tim
                NJ SPEEDER<br />1976 Camaro LT<br />Crate 350, TH350, 3.90 posi<br />New Jersey F-Body Owners Association<br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                  Skinny - Can you give me more details on the stud setup. I am interested.
                  When I installed my 3.73s, I bought a Ratech "complete" install kit from Thunder racing and it came with those studs. I just checked Thunder's site (which got a major facelift today, btw) and they have the kit for $89.99, however, it does not say that it includes bearing cap studs. I would call and check with them before getting it.

About the studs- If you haven't ever looked inside a GM rear, the carrier has a bearing on each side, and a 2 bolt cap covers that bearing and holds the carrier in place. One of the most common reasons a rear end gets wasted is because the stress from a hard launch actually pushes the carrier away from the pinion gear. If it gets pushed out far enough, the teeth on the pinion separate from the teeth on the ring, then the sh*t hits the fan. That's why the TA girdle covers put pressure on the bearing caps. When I put my 3.73s in, I didn't have the $$ for a TA cover, so I was pretty happy when I found the studs in the box. The TA girdle cover may hold the carrier in place better than studs on the caps (or maybe just as good), but like I said, I haven't broken yet. *knock on wood*

[ April 01, 2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Skinny ]
                  -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by Radcat:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                    I've broken them.

Do you think the upgrades you did will hold up when using ET Streets? I was thinking about making a couple of high boost passes with some and didn't want to break anything. Right now I don't have the money to fix it, if it breaks.

Also what size do you run? I might borrow some but I'm not sure if they are too big.
                    </font>[/QUOTE]I ran my car with et's and pulled 1.69 sixty foots. It lived. You wont break anything that fast Jesse. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You REALLY need to learn how to use the 2 step built into the msd box ;) that will make your launches EVIL :D [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] under boost [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

My next weak link's are the axle's.

For my power I should also add stronger axles then I think I'm fine

26 X 10.5 X 16's
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I have seen inside the rear diff. I know about the main caps for the bearings and all. I guess I am missing what exactly do the studs do, more specifically where they go...
                        Do they replace to bolts for the main caps.
                        Sorry I might be a 'tard here, but I must be missing something.

Thanks for the help BTW...
                        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Yes, they replace the bolts for the main caps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X