First time @ track with 3.4L-please look. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time @ track with 3.4L-please look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time @ track with 3.4L-please look.

My best

r/t .137
    60' 2.344
    330' 6.896
    1/8th 10.698
    mph 65.08
    1000 13.985
    1/4 16.804
    mph 79.52

I ran three time. First I lost to a Suberu(sp??) WRX Sti or whater. He ran 15 flat. Next I lost to a 2001 Camaro SS. He ran 13.3. And last but not least I beat a 96 Mustang. His mods were a K&N and cutout. He ran 17.2. He jumped the gun also. I was really disappointed with my ET however I didn't know I was going to race that day so I still had all the extra weight in the car and a full tank of gas. Also, I've had my K&N on there for 32K miles and when I got home I took it out and I could barely see sunlight through it! Put in a FRAM filter and It runs better now when the FRAM than with the dirty K&N. I think next time I will take the back seats and the passenger seat out along with the jack & spare. I am also planning on installing a cutout after the cat and removing the air filter when racing. Do ya'll thing I could do alot better with those extra preperation steps?
    1993 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6 A4<br />F41 RPO suspension option<br />119K miles<br />Fastchip<br />K&N \"Filtercharged\"<br />Airbox cuttout CAI<br />ASP underdrive pulleys<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />Flowmaster 80 Series 2.75 cat-back<br />MangaFlow Hi-Flow Cat<br />Corvette Servo<br />16.4 @ 81 MPH

Practice alone is the key.

Also ditching all the extra weight in the car.

And, tire psi, 42 in front, 28 in rear.

Practice, practice, practice!
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
      Practice, practice, practice!
      This is so true. With my 3.4, my best run was a 15.7 & with the mods I have, I should be hitting mid 15's or lower.

Keep on working at it, you'll improve ;)
      Dynomax ST muffler, underdrive pulley, k&n fipk, catco cat, paceSetter headers, NGK plat. spark plugs, new spark wires, BMR stb, 180 Thermostat,JetChip stage 2, Baja Beast Cam, 3.73 lsd<br /><br />Best 1/4.... 15.739 @87.58mph

Comment

Practice you can luanch it better..., showuld be able to get a 2.2, or maybe even a 2.1 60'

also at one rpm are you shifting, when I had my 3.4L seems like if I road it out well to like 5.5k it woudl die out...

I tired to shift around 5kish, if I remember right...

like said practice...

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
          Practice you can luanch it better..., showuld be able to get a 2.2, or maybe even a 2.1 60'

also at one rpm are you shifting, when I had my 3.4L seems like if I road it out well to like 5.5k it woudl die out...

I tired to shift around 5kish, if I remember right...

like said practice...
          It's an auto, so 1-2 is 5.5K and 2-3 is 5.1K. At 90 it locks the TCC and you get a nice boost. I wish it would lock at 70. :(

Also I was trying to stall the car too high I think,(Around 2K) and I really didn't a great kick in the back when I took off. Maybe the tires were turning a little and I just couldn't feel it. But you have to remember that I just came in off the street so I wasn't race prepeped at all. Next time I'm going with only one seat, no jack or spare, no air filter, an open exhaust, and about 2 gallons of gas. Wouldn't be suprised to get in the 15s.
          1993 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6 A4<br />F41 RPO suspension option<br />119K miles<br />Fastchip<br />K&N \"Filtercharged\"<br />Airbox cuttout CAI<br />ASP underdrive pulleys<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />Flowmaster 80 Series 2.75 cat-back<br />MangaFlow Hi-Flow Cat<br />Corvette Servo<br />16.4 @ 81 MPH

Comment

not sure if it will drop you that much...

but when you launch you shoudl feel a bit of a jolt at the launch even in an auto...

Comment

not trying to rain on your parade, but just removing that little weight wont drop .8 off your 1/4 mile time

the weight reduction list claims the passenger seat is 34 and the back seat is 19, so that's 53, then another 35 from the spare tire and jack, that makes 88 LBS, and gas is less than 8lbs per gallon.... and 100lbs is supposed to be .1 in the 1/4... so i think you might wanna reconsider the high 15's idea

once again , not trying to rag on ya, just dont want ya to be upset (trust me, not running what you are expecting sucks)
              -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

From waht I can see in yoru run looks like the mph is not there... I recomend making sure the car is at 100% befoer you do anything then go form there with mods... weight reduction is nice, I stayed away an went extreme at times and noticed nothing that was really substantial( I am sure James and Magnus weight reduction helped alot, but what I did(basically the full interiour) did not help)

Jsut consider it a starting point and practice... My first times in my 3.4L with intake and exhaust were 16.8s on average evenb had some 17.0s, but hell I dropped my times nearly .5 without adding one mod or changing anything but my driving at the track [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

All agree with ya'll, but think about this. Consider the seats weight 88LBs. Also, 15 gallons of gas weighs 120Lbs. Thats 200Lbs I'll be losing. I will also have completely open intake and exhaust. I have also ordered a corvette servo in order to get firmer shifts. I also have installed a manual override for the torque converter. Now I can lock the TCC in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. This proven to knock off .2 and 2 MPH by itself.

Comment

with my 3.4 i ran consitent 16.7s mods include:

FIPK
                    1 Peice DS
                    LSD
                    Cut Out
                    High Flow Cat

Comment

I had a 16.092 1/4 with a 2.124 60ft. I took out the spare tire and had a FULL tank of gas ( oh yeah, and my radiator fan broke so I was running a lil hot). I would have been down in the 15s if I had less gas, but I'll never have a timeslip since the car is stock now, and I'm selling it :(

[ April 05, 2004, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: BlitzPuppet ]
                      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/512325\" target=\"_blank\">2004 Silver Impala</a> Faster than my Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282862\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red 1995 Pontiac Firebird</a><b> For Sale</b>

Comment

A 16.0 ????? Must have been a factory freak, I have more mods than that in a lighter car. I ran a calculated 16.44 without the shiftkit and FPR.
                        MODS:<br />3.4,Crower cam, K-motion valvesprings, Heddman Longtubes, BBK AFPR, Accel Coil, 36mm/23mm Sways, Boxed LCAs/Panhard bar, Mutant Nitrous wet kit, Mr. Gasket Cutout, 10.02 1/8 mile at 67.2 mph UNTUNNED no spray

Comment

Originally posted by FbodTrek:
                          A 16.0 ????? Must have been a factory freak, I have more mods than that in a lighter car. I ran a calculated 16.44 without the shiftkit and FPR.
                          yea i was there when it happened, he would of did better but his tires are ****, with some better tires he would of got a better time.

Comment

Originally posted by FbodTrek:
                            Doesn't sound too much like a freak...

I only had an lt1 driveshaft, 1le tranny mount, poly torque bushing, 3.42s, and I ran ~6/10ths faster then him.

I hit a 15.913 once with just intake, exhasut, plugs and wires.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X