how to launch a manual????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to launch a manual????

this may be a dumb question but i have never raced in a manual car and i am wondering how do you rev the engine to 3K and then go? without your foot on the brake wont you roll backwards? or forwards? also how do you do a standing burnout in a manual car? thanks.
    white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

The strip should be level, so you won't have to worry about rolling. Just rev the engine to whatever you want to launch at, usually around 2500, and drop the clutch. To do a burnout, rev the engine even higher and drop the clutch, then get on the brakes real quick.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

what about on a auto??
      2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

With the 5-speed, I rev it up higher, and feather the clutch out, don't jsut drop it but try to get it out kinda fast. Its a little rough on the clutch but then again so is drag racing.

To do a burn out, rev up drop the cltuch hard, then move left foot to stomp on the brakes.

For an auto hold the gas and brake down at the same time push the gas till the car revs up a little, then let og fo brake and floor it.

To burn out, hold brake and floor gas.

For both make sure your traction contorl is off or it won't work.

Comment

I'm the opposite of Eric. On street tires idle or maybe rev it to 1200 rpm and dump the clutch. It really depends on the tire and how well the track is hooking.

If your running drag radials, do a burn out. Its another story.

I have not mastered the standing burn out myself. So I don't feel like I can offer up advice there.
          Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
          "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
          http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

i side step it in my 5 speed..

half the foot on the gas, half on the pedal..and the other ont he clutch..

then i rev to 3k using the front of my foot... and apply just enough pressure to the brakes to where i wont move.. then i dump the clutch..

as the tires spin.. i just simply transfer my left foot to the brake and floor it with my right foot..

its hard as hell to do without stalling.. it took me WEEKS and weeks to master.. still havent mastered it yet either
            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X