160* Thermo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 160* Thermo???

Hey I'm new here... This is my first post. I was wondering if anyone has positive or negative things to say about a 160 degree thermo? I know theyre cheap but im just wondering if theyre even worth what they cost??? Let me know. Thanx!
    1996 CamaroRS <br />15.5 @ 86<br />Sold<br /><br />2000 Z28 Convertible 3700lbs<br />Lid, Cutout, yank 3600 Stall, built trans, snall cam, NX Wet kit.<br />11.3 @ 118<br />Best 60\' is 1.58<br />497 RWHP 475 RWTQ

Just thought I would put in some numbers for yall to see... didnt know I had to!

Best Time: 15.91 @ 86.03mph
    60': 2.32
    1/8m: 10.20

Are these times good??
    Hot track (about 80 degrees)
    3.42 gears (stock), stock intake, exhaust cutout behind y-pipe... 120,xxx miles.

Let me know about that too..
    Just added cold air intake.
    1996 CamaroRS <br />15.5 @ 86<br />Sold<br /><br />2000 Z28 Convertible 3700lbs<br />Lid, Cutout, yank 3600 Stall, built trans, snall cam, NX Wet kit.<br />11.3 @ 118<br />Best 60\' is 1.58<br />497 RWHP 475 RWTQ

Comment

Nope, those are rel slow for an experienced driver. I run 15.2 bone stock, but my mph of 91.4 is a 14-sec capable mph... I just couldn't launch well :D

Now, 160 thermo, yes get one. If you have an 01+ model, you'll need a resistor from me to keep the PCM from freaking out, otherwise just the thermo is all you'll need.

Install guide is on my website, see below. MANY topics on this in the gen tech forum too. Goodluck, email me if you have any questions, I'll be much more detailed in anwering them.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

dominic, will i need a resistor to keep from throughing a code in my 97 when i install my 160* thermo???
        97 polo metallic green v6<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tdaddyz\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Hey thanks for the help, do you think i will need one in my 96? Also those times were from oklahoma, where the elevation is NOT ideal for racing. The temp also as i said was very hot and i was running about 210*. My car also has 120,xxx miles on it. So Ive heard that if I go down to dallas where the altitude is much more forgiving and the temperature was about 60*, I could easily pull off a 14.9-15.2. Let me know if you guys think that altitude will make that much of a difference...

Also about the thermo, did you see any difference in your performance, or 1/4 times? And where will I have to put a resistor if I need one?

Comment

He said you'll need a resistor if you have a 2001 or newer. Your cars are older than that, so you don't need them.

[ September 07, 2003: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]</p>
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Thanx do you think that it will make much of a difference in my 1/4 times? I want to get low to mid 15's, any suggestions?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X