what do I need to do to run high 9's in the 1/8th... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do I need to do to run high 9's in the 1/8th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do I need to do to run high 9's in the 1/8th...

all my mods are listed in my sig. I'm wantin to hit at least a 9.999 in the 1/8th lol. I'm just wantin' to do free stuff, don't really have the funds to buy anything. I know cooler weather will help some because it was over 90 degrees at the track when I ran the 10.355, and I had been driving for 4 hours before that.

10.355 @ 69.34
    60' 2.411

That's my best so far. I'm gonna try and cut the 60' by inflating my tires some and droppin the front sway bar. I've done the basic weight reductions (back seat, passenger seat, spare, jack). I'm gonna let my car sit for a while with the hood up pointed away from the sun and put a bag of ice on the CAI (does that even help?) also I won't have to drive as far this time because it'll be a local track about an hour away instead of a big gathering 4 hours away. Is there anything else I can do to try and get it in the 9's? I'm also on street tires...
    \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

As far as free mods go:

1) more weight reduction
    2) 160 thermostat (only costs like $10) this will help your car stay a lot cooler, and I'm about to do this mod as well.
    3) Yes, the ice helps, do it. If you can make your engine cooler, your car WILL run better times.

You said you don't have money for mods now, but when you do, get some 3.42s and a LSD, this alone will push you into the high-9s. Another cheap mod you could get is an exhaust cutout, it will sound like a$$ at high rpm, but it's been known to make some cars run better in the 1/4.

[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]</p>
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

I gotta 3" cutout layin in my room...it was free...just ain't had money to have it put on lol. My exhaust is about as free flowin as it gets without headers or havin a cutout(Loudmouth no cat). My next few mods I'm plannin on gettin' 3.73's/LSD and a TC, but that's after I find another job lol. I'm just tryin to see if I can hit 9's with the 3.08s, that way I can expect even quicker with some gears and a TC. I'm not too far off, and as long as it's cool on our track day I think I should get high 9s. What other weight reduction could I do? I don't wanna totally strip my car but I also wanna get quicker...
      \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

get a better launch. 2.4 is "OK" with 3.08s. If you had 3.42s it's a cake walk. I've seen a 3.08 pull a 2.2 60' once so it's possible to improve there. Get that launch down and you'll be fine....oh get some tires.

Comment

Torque converter [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]
          2002 Grand Prix GTP- FWI Intake , flowmaster 40\'s ,3.4 pulley , and Intense racing PCM.<br />94 3.4L camaro -Lots of mods!

Comment

you got 700 bucks to donate to the joblesswhiteboy fund [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rick M.:
              you got 700 bucks to donate to the joblesswhiteboy fund [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

LMAO :D thats what the evil grin is for [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]
              2002 Grand Prix GTP- FWI Intake , flowmaster 40\'s ,3.4 pulley , and Intense racing PCM.<br />94 3.4L camaro -Lots of mods!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X