First time at drag strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time at drag strip

I've done street races alot but never actually been to the drag strip and raced my car. Did eight runs in one night. I have a 2000 v6 firebird, flowmaster exhaust, whisper lid, K&N filter, 17x9 billet wheels, 265/40 Geforce tires.
    I wasn't that impressed with my time but I have a feeling when it gets cooler my car will preform a little better, since I talked to everyone at the track and their cars were running .4 sec slower or so slower than normal.
    Unfortunetly I left my time slips at the damn taco cabana after we got done so I only know my best time and parts of the info.
    San Antonio Raceway, about 100 degrees outside with 3/4 tank of gas.
    Best time:

Reaction: .7
    60': 2.44
    1/4 et: 15.93
    trap speed: 88.7

Any thoughts on this time would be appreciated. I also have the hotchkis suspension package in my appartment waiting for me to get time to put them on. Hopefully that will get rid of my wheelhop (tires don't spin .. EVER, but the car does bounce, damn new tires) so that I can launch at a higher rpm without knocking my 1/4 eta up to 16.9
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ReodDai:
    I've done street races alot but never actually been to the drag strip and raced my car. Did eight runs in one night. I have a 2000 v6 firebird, flowmaster exhaust, whisper lid, K&N filter, 17x9 billet wheels, 265/40 Geforce tires.
    I wasn't that impressed with my time but I have a feeling when it gets cooler my car will preform a little better, since I talked to everyone at the track and their cars were running .4 sec slower or so slower than normal.
    Unfortunetly I left my time slips at the damn taco cabana after we got done so I only know my best time and parts of the info.
    San Antonio Raceway, about 100 degrees outside with 3/4 tank of gas.
    Best time:

Reaction: .7
    60': 2.44
    1/4 et: 15.93
    trap speed: 88.7

Any thoughts on this time would be appreciated. I also have the hotchkis suspension package in my appartment waiting for me to get time to put them on. Hopefully that will get rid of my wheelhop (tires don't spin .. EVER, but the car does bounce, damn new tires) so that I can launch at a higher rpm without knocking my 1/4 eta up to 16.9
    <hr></blockquote>

Okay, tires/wheels=heavy gas=heavy temp=dry muggy=bad for e.t.'s air. altitude=??? You ran a okay time I guess.

Comment

Good mph being that it was 100 degrees out!! :eek:
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X