16.8 1/4 mile, 83 mph. Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16.8 1/4 mile, 83 mph. Problem?

That should be enough mph to pull in a 16.2 or so shouldn't it? why on earth would my car get up that high but have such a slow 1/4 time? to me its like running a 25 at 300 mph, what the hell? and its consistent too, i always expect for the et to be quite a bit lower but that is as low as she likes to be....?! solutions? problems? suggestions?!

I once ran a 17.1 @ 88. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    What was your 60' and 1/8 times? Need more info.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

when i was trappin 83MPH's with my 3.4L i was runnin a 15.9.. but yeah more info is needed to tell what is wrong
      -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

sorry about that, do u guys have any A4 launch suggestions? i tried powerstalling to 2k and didn't spin or anything, my car is like extra tough to peel out in or so it seems... but here are some more times.

r/t - .786
        60' - 2.527
        330 - 7.091
        1/8 - 10.849
        1000 - 14.058
        1/4 - 16.774 @ 83.19

Comment

off the line, powerstall or no, my car is SLLLOOOOOWWW! could this be due to my bad rear shocks? i have stock rims and pretty good tires, stock suspension... the only thing i can think of is those shocks

Comment

83mph is relatively slow here for even a stock 3.8L. Most of us around here ran about 86-89mph STOCK, at about 16.3ish. That ET seems about right here for that trap speed.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

how was the weather? what gears do you have? and.....is the car new for you...just get it? could use a tune up and stuff maybe...some seafoam! plugs wires filters...ect ect ect.
              Mods: <br />MAF! removed, KN filter, 2.5 Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, and this week a NX system thanks to 12secdream. Carsoud cat in the mail. Cutout with qtec cover in the mail.<p>soon to come:<br />3.42\'s or 3.73\'s depends on price of reprogram, LSD, LCAs, 1 inch drop, turbo/SC not decided yet, Cam, rockers. I HATE MY V6, IM A SELF HATING V6 OWNER! MAYBE ILL JUST SELL THE V6 FOR A V8. I THINK NOT!!!!! BACK OFF!!!!! THIS V6 IS GONNA TEAR YOU A NEW ***

Comment

60 ft needs work! Should be around 2.1 or so. Are you stock? If not, what mods do you have? How many runs did you take? Is your car convertible/hard top?
                2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Was that '60 with tire spin, or is it just such a dog off the line that you can't even spin the tires if you try? I ask this because that's how my car was. Best I could pull was a 2.3 '60 before the 3000 stall converter, and I wasn't spinning. You could also need a tune up, it is a 5-year old car now. When my car was pretty much brand new I pulled 16.8 @ 84, not too great. Came backto the track a few months and a few miles later and best was 15.7 with gears, exhaust. The torque converter was what really woke up my low end though. You don't have that POS 1800 stall in there do you? With 3.08 gears? No wonder you don't have any low end. Get some 3.42s. It's not your car, it's the ways its configured that keeping it down.

[ August 08, 2003: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]</p>
                  -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

60' needs work. How do you launch? The old rear springs will actually help your launch a little.

Comment

typically i just rev it to around 2k and let off the brake and floor it, not much that you can do with an auto is there? are you saying i should keep the busted shocks? i thought they would hurt more than help as the car bogs with the weight transfer, if that is not the problem i need like an engine rebuild or something because all of the following is brand spankin new

plugs
                      wires
                      air filter
                      fuel filter
                      tires
                      thermostat

oh i guess i could try covering up my pre-muffler cutout, would that conceivably help anything?

Comment

hey who are you? I am from Lubbock and I know I can beat that 1/4 time of yours. So how bout a race? Let me know some info.

Comment

Do you have lsd or posi? I use to spin of the line alot, but the track was so smooth I didn't really notice. With lsd I always know when I'm spinning. I'm getting wheel hop now.
                          1994 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L A4 (160hp 200tq)<br />2006 Nissan 350Z 3.5L M6 (300hp 260tq)

Comment

i hit the track tonight, spinned a little but my best time was 16.8 even tho i've put like every concievable free mod and had a friend with me, that was my best time last trip too. i revved to 2k and launched, my best 60' was 2.5, i had terrible r/ts, i just got disappointed because since last time i've added a catback exhaust, before i only had a cutout, a 160` stat, cai, and removed my MAF screen. could any of this be counterproductive? anything cheap i should do!? this is really annoying b/c people say that some stock cars just like mine run 16.3s or so

Comment

Could you give us a list of mods you've done to the car? What's the highest rpm you can stall at? If you're not spinning the tires off the launch, stall higher until you do! You should launch at the highest rpm that won't spin the tires.

If you can't spin the tires at all, it's definitely time for some 3.42s and lsd. When my car was bone stock, 3.08 open last summer, I ran 16.8 at 84. Part of it was due to my high gearing and the fact that the car only had 5k miles on it. A big part of it was the air. Summer air just isn't good for racing (as I experienced first-hand Friday night.)

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]</p>
                              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X