chi-town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chi-town

anyone know of any drag strips open for ametures near chicago?

Route 66, Byron, UG..
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Yea, UG/GLD sucks *** but is close..

The BEST one is US 41 in morocco, IN.. Its a little bit of a drive though.

I NEVER race at GLD in wisconsin anymore.. I refuse to give them my $$$.. I ALWAYS go to US 41.
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:

I NEVER race at GLD in wisconsin anymore.. I refuse to give them my $$$.. I ALWAYS go to US 41.
        <hr></blockquote>

Same here. I am done with GLD as well. I dont care for the track or the people. I go to Union grove.
        1997 Supercharged Firebird<br />14.01@99.7mph 2.1 60ft.

Comment

gld= great lakes dragway?
          ug= union grove?

Comment

Yup

Comment

amazing

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Superv6bird:

Same here. I am done with GLD as well. I dont care for the track or the people. I go to Union grove.
                <hr></blockquote>

GLD is Great Lakes Dragway,,,,UG is Union Grove,,

Great Lakes Dragway is located in Union Grove Wisconsin. They are the same track!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Originally posted by Magnus:

<hr></blockquote>

What's wrong with Union Grove?
                94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Whoops my fault. I meant to say I race at Byron and dont go to great lakes(union grove) anymore.

I always seem to run slower at great lakes and the people running the track have always seemed to be rude to me or my friends.

[ June 28, 2003: Message edited by: Superv6bird ]</p>

Comment

Can't hook for crap at GLD and it's always crowded and staging lanes are always packed.

I had a hard time hooking a damn NA V6 on a nitto.. ridiculous.
                    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
                      Can't hook for crap at GLD and it's always crowded and staging lanes are always packed.

I had a hard time hooking a damn NA V6 on a nitto.. ridiculous.
                      <hr></blockquote>

yeah, it used to be horrible for traction, but they did a lot of repaving so it got MUCH better, I was getting consistant low 2.0 60's on my street tires that last time i went. It is always packed though, but if you go on a tuesday or wednesday night you can easily get in 15 runs, even letting it cool down several times.
                      New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X