Cheap tricks and hints needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap tricks and hints needed

I'm going to the track tommorow and i'm running my 3.4 vs. my buds 3.8 convertable. I bought octane booster and dry ice to cool off the fuel lines and intake. I also removed the spare. Are there any other tips you guys know to help me out? My mods are listed.
    \'94 Pontiac Firebird 3.4<p>MODS<br />Custom CAI, by pass cat,<p>soon to come<br />SLP CAI, sweet thunder exhaust, 1.25 lowering springs, 3 pt sub frame connectors, traction bar, port & polished heads & intake manifold, Headers, strut tower bar, ram air hood, SLP rims 18 in, tires? any suggestions? E-mail at firebird1206@aol.com

take all the weight you can out or off your car. seats, sway bars, only race on a 1/4 tank of gas

Comment

Air your tires down to 22 PSI as a start, and go down in air as needed, but not below 18 PSI.

You could remove your air filter, and pull your serpentine belt off for a single run. But your engine better be cool before you make your run (160 to 180) and then shut down quick.

If Autozone sells a belt (you'd have to measure and then see what they have) to bypass your power steering, A/C, and alterntor to limit you down to just your crank and waterpump pulley's. It might be worth buying a small belt for race night.

Octane booster may not do much in of itself. Chances are you would be better off to go with a quarter tank of a race gas like VP (for a street based engine)

"If you wait for green, you've already lost!"

Most important - Have fun!!!

[ June 25, 2003: Message edited by: Bliggida ]</p>
      <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X