Back from the track..... new bests..... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from the track..... new bests.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the track..... new bests.....

Well, as with every day at the track it is ALWAYS a learning experience.

I have always run a 255 50 16 bf drag radial (19.5 psi) in the past. I have typically spun to 12.5's - 12.7's

I went to a taller tire and a slick this time. 26 inch et street (15 psi) w/o an inner tube.

Both tires are mounted on the same salad shooter 16 x 8 rim.

The taller tire gives me 'less gear' to the ground. I have 3:23's in the rear presently. When I put my taller slicks on it is like having 3:08's or a slightly lower gear.

I need the traction of the slick, but not the height increase.

Temp..........78
    Rel Humid.....54
    Ab Barom......29.43

R/T.........657
    1/8.........7.935
    mph.........85.49
    1/4.........12.522
    mph.........106.92

2nd run I spun bad and let off, 14.574 at 75.27

3rd run I ran out of nitrous, 13.474 at 99.08

When I went 12.5 I dead hooked. I hit the nitrous and I thought it was broken.... it just did NOT throw me back in my seat at all.

Through out the whole run I thought the nitrous was not flowing or partially flowing. The car felt like a PIG!!!

I guess that is what it would be like if I had 3:08 gears and a shorter tire.

I am also convinced the VERY low 15 psi hurt me. It was very mushy off the line. On of the local 11 second ls1 guys suggested that low. I was going to go with 17 psi but it was my first time w/ et streets.

Here are the new bests......
    Track weight:
    No driver, full bottle, couple tools: 2990 lbs
    Driver in the above: 3206 lbs

So, when I run N/A I can hope to see 2966 pounds!
    Full nitrous bottle is 24 lbs

I think I can see a weight of 295X lbs w/o driver on an N/A day and race weight in he high 3100's!

Well, I'm still learning. I'd like to try and hook on the shorter BF's Hell, I SPIN to mid 12's on BF's!!!

Sigh, still learning

Ideally the 3:23's and taller et street should work VERY well with a 125-150 HP shot of nitrous.

Some of the jersey v6 f body's were there. They saw me *****ing and moaning about my 12.5 pass.

:rolleyes: <--- them at me when I ***** about 12.5's (yes, I'm quite silly!)

I guess when all I do is race with 10-11 second V8 f bodies I get all caught up in it.

I shouldn't complain at all. A bad day at the track for me is mid 12's

I remember last year when 12's were hard to do, but obtainable.

This season I SPIN to mid 12's consistently.

I'm still learning, I'll figure it out.... hopefully.

F*CKIN 11's are MUCH harder than I thought!
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Oh well ull do it one day....but whatever u do dont give up! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Past Ride
    1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
    (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

keep the tires and get 4.10s or 3.73 and take that for a test run.

Comment

Hey keep tryin u will get there [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Canadian made metelicGreen 1995 3.4 M5 FireBird<br />mods:(NEW)--&gt;Jetchip stage 2 ,K&N Cold Air Intake DynoMax ExuastCat back oh yea dont have a cat,Underdrive Pullies,headers<br />Next mods:fuc the v6 and get a Lt1

Comment

I can vouge for the moaning he did...over and over and over and.........

no, really considering what he thought was disapointing, James represented the V6 F-Bodys as always

Eric
          Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
          1996 Camaro Conv
          2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

are you gonna go w/light weight rear rims are some of that special lightweight "non-plexiglass" hatch glass?
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
              are you gonna go w/light weight rear rims are some of that special lightweight "non-plexiglass" hatch glass?<hr></blockquote>

Well...If he can't get traction as is...
              AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

all i gotta say is bring your car down to sarasota. the track is pretty good. if you can't quite squeeze out 11's, at least i will have ridden in your car. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

yea, more psi would help. The taller slicks also add traction too. eventually u'll have to go wider and taller, and u'll need to make up for it w/ bigger gears. Go 3.73's if u ever go up, good balance of street and drag, plus while dragging u can run 28x10's or 28x12's w/o worrying about having such tall gearing.
                  2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

may wanna mess with your suspension a bit.. a chasis mount torque arm and softer rear springs can help you launch like a mofo..

~Billy

Comment

Hey, I'm proud of you. That's still very impressive run.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Very fast run! Keep trying, eventually you'll make a breakthrough.
                        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

ill tell you what i said before. you need some kind of traction mods- lca, torque arm...

what size tires, 10.5 or 11.5?
                          \'01 TA with boltons, cam <b>11.28@119.72 (1.49)</b><br />\'97 Tahoe LT 4x4- stock

Comment

we all call you 12sec v6 now for a reason right? Let's not try and get all name changing and stuff now ok?

BTW lay off the N2O...it's known to kill brain cells...and no you can't remove dead brain cells for weight reduction. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

James, suspension.
                              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X