Auto tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto tranny

When drag racing with an auto transmission, is it best to start in Drive, or start in 1 0r 2 gear? Thanks in advance

Doesn't matter either way.
    The tranny is going to shift at the same time whether you manually do it or you leave it in drive. Some guys leave in in 3 though, so it doesn't shift out of 3rd too soon, but thats like the 105-110mph range.
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

it's been gone over several times before here, typically in general tech or drag racing. what i've read and experienced, it's better to put it in drive and go. shifting an automatic tranny under load helps tear it up a little faster, unless you get a shift kit that is set up to be shifting manually. anyway, time to move this to the proper forum (i think)
      [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
      you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

Put shifter in gear
        Put foot to floor
        wait 16 seconds
        let off.
        <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

exactly [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
          \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X