95 Mustang Gt vs. My Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 1BadAzzGT:

I don't mind driving mine every once in a while. I'm not ashamed one bit [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

You're car would definately be the exception. :D

THey are nice cars, just the autos-stock-aren't as good. BUt wouldn't a torque convertor help those cars? I might get one for my car-not anytime soon, still need catback/intake.
    1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

Man, this is a long thread.
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Good luck with the race. Like everyone is saying traction off the line will determine it. I have a problem with the heavy foot off the line. With my 99 Camaro, 3.8L and M5.
        Get the launch and it will be close.
        Chris Reedy<br />1999 Camaro Black w/ Silver Stripes, M5. ATI Procharger w/ Intercooler<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/killingtime\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Site</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by satellite98:

You're car would definately be the exception. :D

THey are nice cars, just the autos-stock-aren't as good. BUt wouldn't a torque convertor help those cars? I might get one for my car-not anytime soon, still need catback/intake.
          <hr></blockquote>

I actually converted mine from a 5 speed to built automatic. With the right mods, the auto will perform, it just needs the proper modifications to match up with it. An improper selection of torque converter + no mods and/or no mods = crappy performance which obviously, is on any car no matter what brand. I have the equivalent to the Vigilante (the the GM) and love it so yes, it would make a difference.

Take care,
          Tim
          <b>AOL:</b> OneBadAzzGT<p>1998 Supercharged Geee Tee (Powered by 2000 SOHC Engine) <br /> <br /><b>[i]1st shakedown pass:</b>12.4@114

Comment

clean2000birdv6,
            Did your bird come with the stock dual exhaust?

Also, how do you like the sound flowmasters?

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: marco ]</p>
            <b>.::[ 0 ]::.</b><br /><b>1997 Camaro 3800 II M5</b> (30th edition)<br />[]B&M Ripper Shifter<br />[]Proform Shift Light<br />[]SLP Cold Air<br />[]Dynomax Exhaust<br />[]Richmond 3.73\'s<br />[]Zexel-Torsen LSD<br />[]180* Thermostat<br />[]Tail Blackouts<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/skyracer_x\" target=\"_blank\">pics</a>

Comment

Man I got to say this....Sorry badazzgt I dont wont to offend you but If you had made the right decision and got a LS1 and then done all those mods to it instead of the GT youd probaly have 50-100 more rwhp than that 377. Probaly more since my friend dynoed higher than that on his LS1 with just a supercharger. Comparisons aside I sill got respect for your car and I bet so do 70% of the LS1s youve raced.. Plus I wouldnt want to race you. Just had to get that off my chest.
              Powerdyne 98 a4 convert<br /><br /> stock 16.6 @ 86 <br /> <br /> 6 lbs boost 15.1 @ 90 <br /> <br /> 04 A4 2.73 geared white Corvette Coupe<br /> <br /> stock- 13.5 @ 103 <br /><br />LS6 conversion-13.1 @ 107 <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98</a> ( pics of intercooled powerdyne)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98GREENGLOW:
                Man I got to say this....Sorry badazzgt I dont wont to offend you but If you had made the right decision and got a LS1 and then done all those mods to it instead of the GT youd probaly have 50-100 more rwhp than that 377. Probaly more since my friend dynoed higher than that on his LS1 with just a supercharger. Comparisons aside I sill got respect for your car and I bet so do 70% of the LS1s youve raced.. Plus I wouldnt want to race you. Just had to get that off my chest.<hr></blockquote>

No sweat. Let's keep things in perspective ok? Just so you know, I am not a "brander" and love all cars hence why I'm here.

I also like being the "underdog" if you know what I mean. I like the fact that most folks that see those 4.6 badges on the sides of the car automatically assume it's a slow turd. As you know, anything can be made to go fast and it's only a matter of money. LOL.

- 1996/98 SOHC makes 225 stock flywheel
                - 1999+ SOHC makes 260 stock flywheel

I pulled 377 rwhp/375 with old combination which was old 98 engine, 99 heads, 99 intake, supercharger, bla bla bla.

So if you do the math here, that means that originally I had approx 190'ish to the wheels to begin with. To me, I think it's impressive to see quite a difference from the supercharger and old combo pushing those kind of #'s:

Here's an old comparison for you:

377 rwhp
                190'ish rwhp
                187 rwhp &lt;--- difference

As you are well aware, the LS1 is a 5.7 and therefore, has more hp to begin with. To each their own I guess.. Also keep in mind that the LS1 stock is pushing much higher compression. I believe that the LS1 pushes like 10-10.5 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) CR. I currently run 9:1 compression.

I'm stuck with the 4.6 right now and that's all I have to work with so I'll make due. I also now have swapped the car from 98 engine to 2000 engine, swapped to built automatic, new intake, throttle body and a managerie of new parts including suspension.

I hope to see well over 400 to the wheels with my current combination. Impressive? No, not really but it's good enough for me right now.

So no, I'm not offended by any means and everyone has their own opinion on various setups, etc and I learn something new every single day [img]smile.gif[/img]

Take care,
                Tim

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: 1BadAzzGT ]</p>
                <b>AOL:</b> OneBadAzzGT<p>1998 Supercharged Geee Tee (Powered by 2000 SOHC Engine) <br /> <br /><b>[i]1st shakedown pass:</b>12.4@114

Comment

Yea your right those are some impressive gains... I hope to see some nice gains from my supercharger that in the mail but I know they wont be anywere near were you are.Id be happy if I dynoed with 220 HP or more on a 6lb belt assuming that all my mods have only made my car push what it should stock 160 HP. But if I already had that or more to begin with then I would expect 240 rwhp. Lets see thats only about 137 HP awy from you. HMMMM maybey a 9lb belt and a SSM powerpack would help???? Hey a guy can dream cant he?
                  Powerdyne 98 a4 convert<br /><br /> stock 16.6 @ 86 <br /> <br /> 6 lbs boost 15.1 @ 90 <br /> <br /> 04 A4 2.73 geared white Corvette Coupe<br /> <br /> stock- 13.5 @ 103 <br /><br />LS6 conversion-13.1 @ 107 <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98</a> ( pics of intercooled powerdyne)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 1BadAzzGT:

I also like being the "underdog" if you know what I mean.
                    [ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: 1BadAzzGT ]
                    <hr></blockquote>

:D We know what you mean. I don't know what all I will be able to do to my car but it would be nice to see 13's with either a cam or supercharger one day. It's pretty much stock right now.
                    1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

you should be able to take him. My car is a 2000 and i was REALLY glad to see she had 3.42's in it. i didn't know the code and now that i know my days have been much better. but my best advice.GET him very excited to race. he will screw up on launch and you say BYE BYE. that's always fun to see. them screw up on launch and you win. Have fun and hopefully you shut him up :D [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                      Custom Ram Air, High flow cat, Dynomax cat back exhaust, high flow air box. More to come. hopefully Cam:D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98GREENGLOW:
                        Yea your right those are some impressive gains... I hope to see some nice gains from my supercharger that in the mail but I know they wont be anywere near were you are.Id be happy if I dynoed with 220 HP or more on a 6lb belt assuming that all my mods have only made my car push what it should stock 160 HP. But if I already had that or more to begin with then I would expect 240 rwhp. Lets see thats only about 137 HP awy from you. HMMMM maybey a 9lb belt and a SSM powerpack would help???? Hey a guy can dream cant he?<hr></blockquote>

Sweet.. another "blown" car on the road [img]smile.gif[/img] It feels good to be blown [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyway, thought I'd share a quick picture of my "NEW" combination. I realize it's a Mustang so please NO silly negative comments --- it is still a "muscle" car nontheless.

Take care,
                        Tim

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cole:
                          the 95 gt stang would beat you, depending on the driver. 6.7 0 to 60 for the stang and yours with your mods 7.6 5ish.....he would not "kill" you but it would be obvious that he is the victor<hr></blockquote>

I've never lost to a Mustang GT and I've raced a ton of them. I have the GU4 code which I'm pretty sure is a 308. I have SLP CAI and a high flow muffler...that's it..Mustangs are slow...The only thing to do to make them faster is to invest a crapload of money into aftermarket parts.
                          1997 Camaro RS A4 <br />3.08 Rear<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169</a><p>Mods:<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler <br />MSD Ignition Coils<p>Soon to be installed:<br />3.42 Gears<br />MSD Plug Wires

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 97CamaroRS:

I've never lost to a Mustang GT and I've raced a ton of them. I have the GU4 code which I'm pretty sure is a 308. I have SLP CAI and a high flow muffler...that's it..Mustangs are slow...The only thing to do to make them faster is to invest a crapload of money into aftermarket parts.
                            <hr></blockquote>

You dug up a 7 and a half month old thread to say that???
                            -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

It's a Gee Tee with a five speed mang. If he knows how to drive your a s s will get handed on a blue oval platter.

Good luck though I'm sure he isn't a Dale Jr. for you to worry about that much.

;)
                              EDIT: I'm a dumba ss, I didn't noticed the date [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

[ November 27, 2003: Message edited by: BLUE ]</p>
                              <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X