See if we can't get 15s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See if we can't get 15s.

Ok last time at the track I ran a 16.8 then a 16.9 with a passenger. I kicked him out and only got one more run, here the timeslip:
    R/T: .684
    60': 2.494
    330: 6.948
    1/8: 10.633
    MPH: 66.72
    1000: 13.783
    1/4: 16.433
    MPH: 85.52

It seems like my launch isn't that great but also, I am dying in the top end. 3 seconds form 1000ft to 1/4 Mile. I have stock 3.23s. I know I have a wheel hop problem, but anything else I should try???
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

You need to try some nitrous. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: 1Bad89Coupe ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/6330/MyStang.html\" target=\"_blank\">\'89 Coupe</a>, Full Exhaust, 3.31 gears, Street tires ran 13.845@99.46 w/ 2.137 60\'<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/6330/MyNoma.html\" target=\"_blank\">\'97 Sonoma</a>, Stock ran 16.228@84.77 w/ 2.497 60\'

Comment

your 60' times are nasty dude. on my stock 3.08s i pulled better 60's than that(2.38). I dont really know much about launching with a M5 cus i run an A4 but usually M5's get outta the hole good... Kumos respond good to droppin the pressure down to about 20lbs. that would help a bit. just play around with it. U really need to get more than 3 runs in one night to be able to figure things out.

Matt

[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: camaro97 ]</p>
      -Matt<br />Manager/Tech Support<br />Precision Speed & High Performance<br /><br />visit us on the web at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.precisionspeedonline.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.precisionspeedonline.net</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>You need to try some nitrous. <hr></blockquote>

I know I will. I can't wait, but the first 2 runs are going to be NA for comparison purposes. I think some practice ought to clear things up.
        My launch problem:
        I launch to weak and bog down.
        I luanch to hard and get mondo wheel hop.
        By mondo I mean It felt like I was on a mountain-side. Finally at about 60' i head a loud bang and it stops. Scared the crap out of me. I know I need LCAS but they have to wait. So any advice from a manual owner on what rps to launch at?
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          2 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X