Drive or OVerdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive or OVerdrive

What do you guys with autos race with. Overdrive or Drive?
    \"DRive it like you sTole it\"<br />RIP<br />Black 97 Camaro RS A4 (Y87)<br />3.42 LSD, Flowmaster exhaust(3in),<br />Slp Cold air intake Stage3 weight reduction (removed spare and jack)<br />\"Now a question of ettiquite, do I give you the *** <br />or the crotch?\" <br />~Tyler~ (FC)<br />!!!!NEW Ride Silver!!!! 03 WRX \"stock\"

O yea if u use drive do you shift up to overdrive after a like 3rd gear or so? THX
    \"DRive it like you sTole it\"<br />RIP<br />Black 97 Camaro RS A4 (Y87)<br />3.42 LSD, Flowmaster exhaust(3in),<br />Slp Cold air intake Stage3 weight reduction (removed spare and jack)<br />\"Now a question of ettiquite, do I give you the *** <br />or the crotch?\" <br />~Tyler~ (FC)<br />!!!!NEW Ride Silver!!!! 03 WRX \"stock\"

Comment

Doesn't matter. You're not very likely to hit 4th with your foot to the floor.
      \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

i use drive but i don't think it matters.
        also, i consistently get better times letting the auto shift for me. the pcm knows you want to get there ASAP so it will command the trans to shift at precisely the right time for best acceleration.
        ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strange_trp:
          i use drive but i don't think it matters.
          also, i consistently get better times letting the auto shift for me. the pcm knows you want to get there ASAP so it will command the trans to shift at precisely the right time for best acceleration.
          <hr></blockquote>

damn straight...plus leave it in 3rd it will help slow you down after you finish with the 1/4

let the PCM control your shift..its better that way

Jeff W

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X