new best, but still disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new best, but still disappointed

among other highlights, i beat a 94-95 GT 5spd (5.0L)...he had me off the line, but i reeled him in, i beat him by a car to the finish line
    lost to a SC'ed Tbird by .0012
    i had quite a few runs today, here's the best one
    60' 2.297 :rolleyes:
    1/8 9.732 @ 72.27
    1/4 15.149 @ 90.49
    i guess i'm still a little baffled.
    my best 1/8 mph is 72.54, but a 9.953
    best 1/4 mph is 91.84, but that was a 15.301
    those happened on the same run, 60' was 2.379
    i know i need to get the 60' time down more, but i know i'm capable of high 14's on a perfect run! am i not shifting at the right points, or what? i tach out first, hit 60mph in 2nd gear (redline 63), and normally run it all the way to the finish in 3rd...sometimes shift to 4th, sometimes not. anyone got ideas?
    thanks
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

any ideas?

Comment

just a thought (I don't drive the manual) but try shifting at about 4,800 - 5,000rpm. I don't know about you but it seems that once you pass 5K the car doesn't have as much pull anymore. My friend does that in his 3.4L and he can keep pace with me farely well.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
        just a thought (I don't drive the manual) but try shifting at about 4,800 - 5,000rpm. I don't know about you but it seems that once you pass 5K the car doesn't have as much pull anymore. My friend does that in his 3.4L and he can keep pace with me farely well.<hr></blockquote>

your friend's 3.4 has power peaks at 3600 and 4800 rpms, but the 3.8 has it at 4000 and 5200.

Comment

well he shifts near that 4800rpm mark like I said. try shifting at 5200 instead of going all the way to 6000

Comment

I disagree. i think that shifting earlier is only going to put you in a lower power band for the next gear. I shift close to redline every gear.

Comment

disagree with me after you try it. I've seen the differences. Depends on the car and the 3.4 can definately afford it

Comment

stop arguing

just get a dyno plot and look at the curves, you'll see where to shift...and if you pay attention when you drive your car at all, you'll know how it reacts to placed shifts

and things may be different from car to car--even 3.8 to 3.8 and 3.4 to 3.4, dependent on the driver/everything else
                Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

hey Ike I like your sig. You have a point in a way

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:
                    I disagree. i think that shifting earlier is only going to put you in a lower power band for the next gear. I shift close to redline every gear.<hr></blockquote>

Exactly.

People say they dont feel any power past 5k, not ME. I wish i had a manual and could shift past 6K.

I feel my car pullin WAY past 5K, all depends on what setup u have and where your powerband is.

I dont have too much power off the line, but top end is crazy!, i feel my car pullin like no other on the highway at around 70mph+. Depends on the car.

Do a few combo's and see what is better...next time at the track shift higher and see what happens.
                    <a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/danny83/car_pix\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pbase.com/danny83/root</a><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96</a> [/URL]<br />00 NMB Formula M6<br />323.4HP, 336.5TQ<br />Lid, Filter, Cutout, all else stock :)<p>\"Let the modding begin!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X