IMPROVING MPH and ET's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPROVING MPH and ET's

so i run the following quarter mile with the following mods...what if anything can i do to get the MPH up..seems to me likes its dying on topend and not accelerating as hard from the 1/8 to the 1/4..

Timeslip

60.... 2.04
    1/8 ....9.38 @ 73.99
    1/4.....14.82 @ **EDIT** 89 MPH
    virtually no wind..not humid and around 40*

mods...

FREE RAM AIR..
    smoothed out factory lid
    No air silencers
    160*thermo
    SLP fan switch
    3 inch dynomax catback

i need to pick up about ** EDIT** .05 so i can beat bene and put him back in his place...

i seriouly need help in finding this problem..and what can i do to improve it

Thanks

Jeff W [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: NBMA4V6 ]</p>

you mean pick up .05? :D

Take out your passenger seat....thats worth about .031 ;)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NBMA4V6:

Timeslip

60.... 2.04
      1/4.....14.82 @ 99
      i need to pick up about .5 so i can beat bene and put him back in his place...

<hr></blockquote>

Trap speed of 99 MPH? Or is that your typical no spelling and always have a typo of yourself? ;)

Seriously, you want to try my JET module? I think it'll work with A4. We have the same year model. Wait a minute! Why would I let you borrow it? I certainly don't want you to be faster than me. :D :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

a whisper lid is more beneficial than a smoothed out factory lid. been there, i know
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by navyblue2000:
          a whisper lid is more beneficial than a smoothed out factory lid. been there, i know<hr></blockquote>
          ehy all is getting a 3 inch I pipe worth it? i have no top end whatsoever..
          my car is slow..or maybe its the the altitide of CA, but anyways i havethe same mods as you jeff minues the fan and thermo..and i hope to seee times like you soon..So 3in I pipe or No?
          2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

put a 3000 stall tc and some 3.73 in there, you will beat him then hee hee

Comment

yep, the 3" is worth it. that loss of backpressure is a myth. it will do good things for top end too
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by navyblue2000:
                yep, the 3" is worth it. that loss of backpressure is a myth. it will do good things for top end too<hr></blockquote>

got my cat back using stock cat..so its not a real cat back, but new 3inch i pipe..i like it!
                2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

I think jeff still made cause i beat him [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    3 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X