It's about time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about time...

Well me and my crappy driving finally broke into the 14's yesterday. My first run was my best. I was only able to make 3 passes and it was around 80* when I made my first run. It only got warmer from there. Well, here's my results:
    r/t......... .865
    60'......... 2.267
    330'........ 6.397
    1/8......... 9.710
    mph......... 74.19
    1000'....... 12.546
    1/4......... 14.890
    mph......... 96.00

I'm gonna try to hit the track atleast once a month, so I can practice my launches. Again, these passes were in complete street trim w/ spare and jack, on my Pep Boys special tires (not the Z-rated). I'd like to get my hands on a pair of DR's to see what kind of damage I can do [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]
    GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Thats great man!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy sh*t?!?!?!?!
      Awesome mph!!!!
      Especially for the temp?!?!?!?!
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

[img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] great mph, i cant wait for my engine to be done and have my powerpack with the huge cam, tom assures me that it makes some banshee type power :D cant wait for march .....

Comment

congrats. 96 mph wow! were you always doing 96 mph or did that come from the power pack? i hope i can see 96 mph with my power pack.
          i too cant wait for march, but i have decided not to go to the track again till i install my CAI, fan switch, weld on relocating brackets, drag radials, and line lock. so unfortunately, i will not know exactly how much the power pack helped by itself.
          btw, welcome to the 14s club.
          6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Awesome!

Royce, you should autotap the car. See what your O2's are at at WOT.. maybe a little fine tuning with the MAFT+ on your heads/cam car could be worth .3 and 3mph.

With your increased VE, I would shoot for .870 or so O2's with 29+ Timing Advance.

Sweet MPH, it only gets better with tuning. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
              Awesome!

Royce, you should autotap the car. See what your O2's are at at WOT.. maybe a little fine tuning with the MAFT+ on your heads/cam car could be worth .3 and 3mph.

With your increased VE, I would shoot for .870 or so O2's with 29+ Timing Advance.

Sweet MPH, it only gets better with tuning. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              <hr></blockquote>

Thanx guys. That mph came from the PowerPak.

I was hoping to get it autotapped but no one that I knew had one. Yeah, I'm sure the MAFT+ will help even more, especially in my mph. I just need to keep working on my launches so I can lower my et's. I'd like to get a 2.0 or 2.1x 60'. With those kind of 60', I should hit a 14.5 or 14.6

Comment

Do you have the pipe pee shooter of an I pipe. Do you have a high flow cat? Dude...

Get a 3in cat and gut it. Keith gained 2mph and .2 just running off the Y pipe.. that tells you something about back pressure...

I love you mph.. btw

Do that and get a lower 60...say like 2.00.. ur at like 14.4

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jughead:
                  Do you have the pipe pee shooter of an I pipe. Do you have a high flow cat? Dude...

Get a 3in cat and gut it. Keith gained 2mph and .2 just running off the Y pipe.. that tells you something about back pressure...

I love you mph.. btw

Do that and get a lower 60...say like 2.00.. ur at like 14.4
                  <hr></blockquote>

I have a full 3" exhaust w/ a straight pipe now. Even the little s-pipe is 3". It's loud as he!! when I really get on it. And that's through the muffler. I can't imagine what it would be like cut right at the y-pipe

:eek: [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Comment

That's really nice times man...and some killer MPH!!!
                    <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/6330/VicCamaro.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>*1997 Silver Camaro A4/3.08*</b></a><br /><b>Best 1/4</b>(December 17, 2003)<br />Race weight: 3580lbs w/driver <br />RT: .396 1/4: 14.93 60\': 2.08 MPH: 89.73<br /><b>Mods</b><br />&gt;Flowmaster 80 muffler (muffler only) &gt;Homemade cold air with K&N 1000cfm cone filter &gt;Trans-go Shift Kit &gt;2400-2600 TCI converter<p><b>*1969 Camaro SS*</b><br />*502ci (92-octane pump gas)<br />*2-speed powerglide<br /><b>Best 1/4:</b>1.34 60ft 9.78@138.12mph (Aug 16, 2003)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X