spares as skinnies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spares as skinnies?

i know its a dumb question, but would it work? it would save some weight up front, we've got two of them, cuz my bro owns a bird.
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

I bet you can use the rims but not the tires... Change the tires. The tires suck.

Comment

That's what I'm gonna do

Comment

Very interesting question...you probably could....

anybody here do this before?

*OneQuickSix*<br />1998 3.8L V-6 Camaro<br />~A4 w/Y87~

Comment

They are not speed rated. They are not safe. It's not a good idea. Don't do it.

Also, good luck finding a tire for it. I called so many places about a year ago and nobody makes ANY kind of tire that will fit the spare wheel.
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Plus, if you happen to lose enough weight to get your nose to raise off the ground, your going to land on those tires when it comes down.

I would hate to trust a spare in that kind of situation
            2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

that would kick *** ....a car running 14's, lifting it's nose off the ground :D
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:

Also, good luck finding a tire for it. I called so many places about a year ago and nobody makes ANY kind of tire that will fit the spare wheel.
                <hr></blockquote>
                Low rider tires don't fit on this spare rims? The skinny a$$ 14s don't fit on this?

Comment

I thought of doing this too, but I am not sure the track tech would allow it. You can try, jsut bring 2 extra wheels if they do not let you pass. I haven't had the guts to try it, even with the very ghetto security\tech at the local track. Trust me nothing makes you more nervous then seeing at least 6 cars with beer in the cupholder, and some drunk guy practicing his launches behind you in the staging lanes with a mid 10s monte Carlo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X