fastest all motor v6 built camaros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fastest all motor v6 built camaros

so what are some off the times you guys are getting out off these cars my buddy has a 3.8 stroked out too a 3.9 heads/cam intake ect saposidly no part on this motor is stock its a 5 speed car no idea what gear....he is saposidly gonna drag my car down the road my car at the track all motor runs 12.4-12.3's consistently and my best time has been a 12.09 with a 4:56 but i went down too a 3 73 for nitrous i have a bolt on ls1 full suspenion six speed ect.... on the bottle i have went 11.5's-10.7s depending on what shot i run the 10.7 pass was on a 200 shot i dont ever plan on spraying that big off a shot again just a 125-150 but back too the topic what are some times u guys are getting that have fully built 3.8's

Re: fastest all motor v6 built camaros

http://forum.camarov6.com/timeslips.php?

Looks like the fastest N/A 3.8 is 12.33

Comment

I actually believe the fastest was 11.8 or so...its just not up on the timeslip page

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

damn i need slicks to get my 60 ft down lol :( im trapping 90 mph in the 1/8 n/a haha and like 110-113ish threw the 1/4 with 1.9-1.8 60 fts but thanks bud yeah this dude thinks he is gonna run a 8.9 n/a 1/4 lol with just a 3.9 b/c he saposidly got rid off 500 lbs off the car and thanks bud
        Last edited by Brandon331; 10-17-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

thats impressive for a v6 but i dont think u would get that fast out of one thats not auto
          Last edited by Brandon331; 10-17-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            I actually believe the fastest was 11.8 or so...its just not up on the timeslip page
            Yeah, that was Harry Dolittle's time. He went 11.7 before he moved on to the V8.

So when are you going to be in the 12's???

Comment

Whenever I actually get it to the track I hope...not this year because I am not in a financial position to repair something if I break it :(

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                Whenever I actually get it to the track I hope...not this year because I am not in a financial position to repair something if I break it :(
                x2 I'm right there with ya man..

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon331 View Post
                  damn i need slicks to get my 60 ft down lol :( im trapping 90 mph in the 1/8 n/a haha and like 110-113ish threw the 1/4 with 1.9-1.8 60 fts but thanks bud yeah this dude thinks he is gonna run a 8.9 n/a 1/4 lol with just a 3.9 b/c he saposidly got rid off 500 lbs off the car and thanks bud
                  I think you're friend is full of crap. Highly unlikely he has a stroker, since only a few were sold, and they don't come out to 3.9l.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                    I think you're friend is full of crap. Highly unlikely he has a stroker, since only a few were sold, and they don't come out to 3.9l.
                    There were 2 kits werent there? One made it a 4.2l, the other was what a 4.0?

No way he's even close to 8's N/A, I don't care if he took 1000lbs out of the car...fastest v6 f-body runs 8.99 and it was tim kings TT firebird

Comment

i know lol there is no way im hoping for 9's next race season with my new build :ninja: but yeah i figured so i tried too tell him that a 4.2l would be better but he is doing what ever lol ive built a few v6's and none off them have been as stout as my v8 with a bottle :( but once u go v8 u dont go back lol speed is like crack haha

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon331 View Post
                        i know lol there is no way im hoping for 9's next race season with my new build :ninja: but yeah i figured so i tried too tell him that a 4.2l would be better but he is doing what ever lol ive built a few v6's and none off them have been as stout as my v8 with a bottle :( but once u go v8 u dont go back lol speed is like crack haha
                        Then what the F was the point of this post?
                        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

^crack, itll mess you up man

Comment

3.9 stroker? 100cc of extra combustion capability at what cost? He's blowing smoke up your arse unless he did a grind on the crank like ZZP did with their stoker setup but it wasn't reliable at all and failed on a few people that had it.

If you have actual names for the heads/cam setup it'd help for sure. You can get a 5 speed going down the strip pretty quick, but you have to pay to play. It requires some work to get it all to happen reliably.

Comment

Warshrike, you know the guy on ftv6 who went 13.9 with bolts and weight reduction? I cant find his build, but that car was extremely fast for what was done, granted it was strictly a track car (street legal, but def would suck as a DD), but still.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X