l32 swap camaro 1/8 time slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l32 swap camaro 1/8 time slip

went out to the 1/8 track this weekend with the camaro to see where it was at. ive ran an avg of 9.2 in the 1/8 before with my v8 cars so i was expecting a 9.6 at least. i've had the swap done for about a year and never really got on the car like i did yesterday. since the car has 3.73 posi and i was riding on street tires i decided to not warm up the tires for any of the runs. my first run i took it out at 1500 rpms and was burning clutch all of 1st and 2nd. and then let off. 2nd run was taking it out at idle and slowly pressing the gas and then letting off shifting into 2nd and then wot and then let of again and threw it into third and that was my best run. 3rd run i took off at idle slowly pressing on the gas and then power shifting into 2nd and the clutch didn't hold up at all.just goes stright to red line. i didn't lose traction to the wheels at any point since the track was well prepped that day. i was very disappointed at the stock clutch being such a little ****. here is my best run

60 ft time: 2.380
    1/8 time : 9.694
    trap mph : 74.0

i hope to finish up the exhaust since i still have the 2 1/4 piping and while i was running it i somehow blew out the catalytic. had fiberglass blowing out the muffler lol and it rattles like crazy where the catalytic is at. and also planing on getting a better clutch and gettin away from the stock pulley and gong down to a 3.2 pulley. (from 8lbs to 12 lbs)

Re: l32 swap camaro 1/8 time slip

Originally posted by 97RSSM90 View Post
    60 ft time: 2.380
    1/8 time : 9.694
    trap mph : 74.0

According to conversion you'd have a 15.135 1/4 mi. run. Not bad. You're running with a root blower right? Got any vids or pics?

Maybe with some more tuning you'd easily be at low 14.

Comment

You need to get that 60' down to around a 2.0 and you would be much faster. Your about 4 mph faster than me in the 1/8th and 1/10th quicker as is though. If you get it down to around a 2.0 you'll be around low 9s in the 1/8th.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post

Maybe with some more tuning you'd easily be at low 14.
        It's gonna take more than tuning.
        sigpic

Comment

you woulda went 1.51 running 8lbs of boost? hmmmmm doesnt seem right.

Comment

the dam clutch was slipping first and 2nd. on this run the clutch held but i took it off at idle and had it at about 85 percent throttle first and a gunned it a little more when i got to the top of 2nd. it was my best run out of 3. once i replace the clutch and do the exhaust ill take her back. its tuned for the stock pulley. so it has advance timing and tuned for my devilsown meth kit.

Comment

the dam clutch was slipping first and 2nd. on this run the clutch held but i took it off at idle and had it at about 85 percent throttle first and a gunned it a little more when i got to the top of 2nd. it was my best run out of 3. once i replace the clutch and do the exhaust ill take her back. its tuned for the stock pulley. so it has advance timing and tuned for my devilsown meth kit.

Can you post some pics of your SC set up. Thanks bro.

Comment

There is some of his in the l67 firebird one.

Comment

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...lanco/97%20RS/ here some pics and mods are 3.73 posi, l32 series III supercharged, 00 and up fbody manifolds, 3 inch cold air intake, devilsown meth injection, some free flowing muffler and a blown catalytic.

Comment

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...lanco/97%20RS/ here some pics and mods are 3.73 posi, l32 series III supercharged, 00 and up fbody manifolds, 3 inch cold air intake, devilsown meth injection, some free flowing muffler and a blown catalytic.
                    That's a beautiful set up. I'm positive once you iron out the bugs you'll be like those fast GTP's, but I'm betting yours will be even faster than that because you'll be lighter and more aerodynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                      It's gonna take more than tuning.
                      What do you mean?

Comment

His car would be posting a much better time if he could get that launch issue fixed is my guess at what he means.

Comment

so the car woulda went 15.1?

a boosted 3.8 in an fbody should be doing atleast mid to low 14s, even on 7-10psi.

The 60' should be more along the lines of 1.8 or 1.9......that would bring the 1/4 miles down to a low 14.
                          Last edited by whitdog54; 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                            What do you mean?

My N/A stock 100,000 mile motor runs 14.4's with only roller rockers and headers/ exhaust. He needs a lot more then tuning.
                            sigpic

Comment

the clutch won't hold a launch. the car is tuned for 8lbs but just feathering i manage that time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X