Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

I need some advice on improving my times. To start with my Camaro is an auto y87 car with 161k miles. and has run a best time of 15.387 at 86.92mph. My race weight is 3500lbs even and my 60' is 2.156. I would really like to see a 14 second slip before I start to do anything to the car. As far as mods it has headers, intake, aluminum driveshaft, 97 stock SS catback, and thats about it. It still has the factory torque arm but that's about the only factory suspension part that remains even though it should have been one of the first.

While racing I'm shallow staging and leaving at 1500 rpm. I think the only real things I could do is some weight reduction unless I can get the 60' down anymore. The only thing I will be able to get before the next track visit would be the control relocation brackets. Below is my best time video and timeslip.

Last edited by 96blackmaro; 09-19-2011, 08:44 PM.

Re: Need some advice

to better your RT, I leave as soon as I see the 3rd amber light turn on. I leave around 1800-2k and usually cut pretty good lights. around .030 or so, best ever was .003. I was my car would run 15.3, best run ive had was 15.8 :(

Comment

also what kind of rear end and gears you have?

Comment

Yea, the only time I would worry about my R/T is if I was bracket racing. I always try new things to better my 60' and so far have found that leaving at 1500 is the sweet spot for it. Since its a y87 it has a auburn limited slip and 3.42s.

Comment

o awesome, I think what kind of hurts my time is that i have an open diferential rear end and my best 60' was 2.3

Comment

3.4L? I wonder how you have such better tmes than me? All I have is a flowmaster axel-back exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by insidethreat07 View Post
              3.4L? I wonder how you have such better tmes than me? All I have is a flowmaster axel-back exhaust.
              No, its a 3.8. If you could get your 60' down you would be running around me.

Comment

yea, plus it always seems like DA and the humidity kill my times

Comment

Why, what kind of DA have you been running in?

Comment

Put a stall in it.
                    sigpic

Comment

849. with a DA Calculator my correct time was Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
                      15.758 @ 86.687 MPH

Comment

Ha, believe me I would like to. I'm on a budget of $0, so a stall is out of the question for now. I think if I could get down to a 2.0x 60' 14s are within reason, but I don't know if I could get it on the stock stall.

Originally posted by insidethreat07 View Post
                        849. with a DA Calculator my correct time was Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
                        15.758 @ 86.687 MPH
                        That actually isn't all that bad. I usually run in DA higher than that.
                        Last edited by 96blackmaro; 09-19-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

yea plus LSD might help a little bit. Where could you buy a stall converter at even? And what would be a good one to get?

Comment

For that you would be better off asking either the Canadian guy or Brian.

Comment

lol maybe some day with my long list of stuff I wanna do to it hahah

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X