I dont understand the low trap speed - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont understand the low trap speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont understand the low trap speed

Ok so I went to the track down by my house, this is my first time at this track and the second time to ever to run the car. Mods are 3.73s, homemade cai, pacesetters no cat and flowmasters, shift kit, corvette servo, strano/bills.,mail order tune(but with 3.42 gears), Small weight redux(spare tire/jack and back seat and seat belts).

I need help to understand this My times are ok but the mph is low, like by 5 or 6 mph but im running faster than people with similar mods. I know I cant just compare apples to apples, because of DA and other factors, but 5 mph seems like a lot. Anyways here are my two best times.

R/T 1.097
    60 ft 2.176
    330 ft ??
    594ft 8.857
    1/8 ET 9.547
    1/8 MPH 65.30
    (with my girlfriend (115 lbs) in the passenger seat last run of the night A/C off)

R/T 1.159
    60 ft 2.204
    330 ft ??
    ?594ft? 8.881
    1/8 ET 9.586
    1/8 MPH 65.8
    with the A/C on(first run of the night and forgot to turn it off)

the outside temps were in the low 80's with a little bit humidity.
    Over all the car felt like it had more and I know I does, It runs SO much better in the winter.

Re: I dont understand the low trap speed

Your runs will be better in cooler weather and without your gf and without ac being on.

Comment

I see what you mean, but not sure why your slow by that much. I was pulling a 2.1 60' with a 9.7 1/8th and a trap of 71.

Comment

Yeah like I said I dont understand it. Maybe someone will chime in with some insight. And I know my et will be lower in colder weather, and also with the a/c off and my gf not in the car. Those two runs were the first and last run of the night, they just happened to be my two best. The other two I spun through first and got a bad time and lower trap.
        Last edited by 96A4RS; 08-01-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Perhaps your on the brakes too soon.
          sigpic

Comment

pics of gf or ban..... jk

i agree with big brian, maybe you are braking too soon?
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I dont know, next time I go i'll look and see where the lights at. But I dont think that is the problem. Would shift points being off hurt that much? Cause I think thats where my problem is.

Comment

So, you have 3:73's but the car is programed for 3:42's?

If yes, this could be affecting you as the car will shift earlier than it should and would be a factor towards low trap speeds.

I only say this because I experienced it many years ago in my bird
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Thats gotta be awful on A4, M5 wouldn't matter, but with a auto I'm surpised it hasn't burned something up.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yup, that's down some good MPH. At least 5. A/C had no effect on your run. Your A/C clutch disengages over 80% TPS. Let's start by looking at general repair items. When did you last change the fuel filter? Air filter clean? Wheel bearings making any noise? Tire pressures? How much other crap did you have in the car?
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Well maybe my problem reared its head, a week after the track visit my car starts acting funny. It feels low on power and I feel as tho the exhaust has gotten quieter... I dont know Im goin tomorrow to have the codes read and see whats up, and then I'll try and narrow it down. I'm leaning towards an o2, maf, or spark plug. All my filters are good. Car was cleaned out before going. I'ma try looking in to getting my engine tuned up and dialed in with a better tune and see what happens. I really want at least a 9.3 before the stall. I know this car has it in it, she runs strong

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X