Great start to the new season!! plus vid! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great start to the new season!! plus vid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great start to the new season!! plus vid!

Went to the track today and gotta couple of runs in...happy to say that I upped last years best by about .15 of a second.

Best run and new personal best:

60'.... 1.944
    330'... 5.698
    1/8... 8.832
    MPH... 78.03
    1000... 11.562
    1/4... 13.870
    MPH... 97.72

I finally picked up a few mph as well...I know I can do better if I work on my tune a little more. And I guess I should throw this out there....the tune I was running on was a SD MAP tune on hp tuners, no Maf at all :banana:...so for those people who keep saying VE tuning can't be done....it holds my fastest time.

I got really lucky today though...I went to add more fuel via the pe table, but I forgot to put the "-" sign before the number...HOLLLLLY shiat...ran 18afr on the run at WOT from 5600-6300 rpm...damn lucky I didnt blow anything (that came out to a 14.3 run btw lol)

Alright, heres a link to my two vids for the day.

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/...443100729&ev=0

^^ this one is a solo run, and is my 13.87 run.

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/...444335729&ev=0

^^ this video is my favorite...I absolutly dominate an integra...and I let out half way down the track and coasted across the finish line.

I ran 14.6@ 77 mph... I didnt take into account the slicks would slow my shift down, so the car didnt want to shift out of 2nd gear...I let off the throttle and didnt bother to get on it any more...plus I was still inhaling the burnout smoke lol. This run made my day though...to let off half way down the track, and still beat him by 4.67 seconds... :burn:
    Last edited by LETZRIDE; 04-11-2010, 10:20 PM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Great start to the new season!! plus vid!

Nice run, is this with the holden setup you've been working on or stock upper & TB setup? Your also lighter from the Tub. K and Arms up front, so that could take into account, your lucky on the car leaning out at such a high RPM, glad nothing blew up.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 04-11-2010, 06:42 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Nice run, is this with the holden setup you've been working on or stock upper & TB setup? Your also lighter from the Tub. K and Arms up front, so that could take into account, your lucky on the car leaning out at such a high RPM, glad nothing blew up.
      lol...still stock intake manifold...Itb's are nowhere near completion...but the civic my buddy has to finish up almost is!!!....had like a million parts on back order...so hopefully all that will get rolling soon.

The tub K and A arms and electric water pump definetly made a nice difference

I cant even believe I made such a stupid mistake when I changed the tune...I should of bought a lottery ticket on my way home with how lean I went...

Comment

"video unavailable"...?
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Ok try that now?

Comment

nope still the same

Comment

flippin facebook...gimmie a bit I'll see what I can do...works fine when I click on it?

Comment

i was even logged into my own facebook on a separate page and it blocked me from seeing it
                pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Ok, here I hate youtube, but Im gunna put it up anyways...try this lol...its just the one run vs the integra, I let out half way down the track cause like I said it wouldnt shift out of second...I didnt bother to get back on because of precautions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obqP6Prg04k

Comment

was that integra even racing or paying attention? lol nice race though. you should give your cameraman a tripod, that's one of my pet peeves. a shaky camera lol. and ill bet your facebook vids have some privacy thing checked so we can't see em.

Comment

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
                      was that integra even racing or paying attention? lol nice race though. you should give your cameraman a tripod, that's one of my pet peeves. a shaky camera lol. and ill bet your facebook vids have some privacy thing checked so we can't see em.
                      I took off the privacy thing for the videos...I dunno...maybe it just needed time to make the change or something...last time my fb videos worked.

Anyways, I dunno what the integra was doing or what was done/not done to it...he was at the race track...so unless he made a wrong turn somewhere he should've been racing.

Honestly though, I didnt pay attention to the car for the rest of the day, but me and this 70's nova were the fastests cars there (there was like 8-10 cars max that came out)...I seen the car run a few times with the other civics and nissans there, they were all running 16-19 second times...and the teg was pretty close with those cars the times I did see it....

Comment

wtf? 8-10 cars? id ****ing kill for that kind of track time. ive never had less than 50 and upwards of 280 at every damn T&T

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                          wtf? 8-10 cars? id ****ing kill for that kind of track time. ive never had less than 50 and upwards of 280 at every damn T&T
                          beginning of the season...I hate when its packed with those kind of numbers...but 20 cars or so would be nice so that I can line up against some other cars....it gets pretty packed as it warms up and more vehicles start coming out.

they shut it down at 1:30 because there wasnt enough cars to warrant the track staying open...so we all got free passes to come back...Im bound to lose mine though...probably already have.

Comment

I know where you picked up the speed. The damn wind was pushing you! Haha, good job man! The car sounds slick too. lmao, I ran my best of 13.93 I think? at 100mph. Fuggin 3.08 gears. If I get a cheaper apartment when this lease is up you're in trouble!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                              I know where you picked up the speed. The damn wind was pushing you! Haha, good job man! The car sounds slick too. lmao, I ran my best of 13.93 I think? at 100mph. Fuggin 3.08 gears. If I get a cheaper apartment when this lease is up you're in trouble!
                              hahaha...just when you thought you had my previous 13.94 best beat eh...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X