What now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What now?

Hey guys, It’s good to be finally be on. Let me start by saying, I have a 00 camaro with 55k on it. I’ve spent a lot of time consulting this message board for all of my pervious mods. I’ve been happy so far with; b&g springs, k&n cold air kit, throttle body spacer, and I’ve had someone with hptuners make it all worth it. I also have 3:73 gears on the way and they will be in by Sunday. So, my question is what’s next? I know I can mess with the exhaust, but other than that? Underdrive pullys, light weight flywheel, aluminum driveshaft. What works? Have I reached the limit for bolt-ons. If nothing else… is it time for a 75 shot?

Re: What now?

i understand aluminum DS gives good results. do you have headers???
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

stall

Comment

is the driveshaft a gain i will notice? no headers yet... but i've herd the don't do much on the 2000's because of the excisting tubular manifiolds. do you know if there is any truth to that?

And i should have mentioned that the car is a 5 speed

Comment

ehh upgrade the rear LCA's and the PHB, then the driveshaft, and a stall. That should make you happy. Be sure that rear has LSD, also i hear that the lightened flywheels are nice. After that i guess its ready for a cam, or that 75 shot.

Comment

i have a 2000 bird, i did headers, deleted my cat, and ran full 2.5 inch to a flowmaster, and it helped. from stock exhaust to full exhaust is a difference.

also what watazz said, lca's, pan hard, and torque arm would help alot, getting traction to the road and making it feel faster.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Tube K member and control arms. Torque arms are nice from what I hear. Sub frame connectors. Definitely the whole exhaust. Rockers are really easy to install btw. I dunno if it's just me but I'd put a permanent wideband on anything. That's a few things..

TEAM C6V6

Comment

agreed with flaming and blizzard^

i've got a '02 t5 with headers and full exhaust and it's a big improvement over stock. i've got my alum driveshaft on the way so i'll let you know if i see any difference before/after.

work on that suspension and getting the power to the ground efficiently. then go cam or 75shot or both :D
                pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

I would do all the bolt on's , and suspension mods then do a cam and wideband and maybe your own Hptuners so you can log and tune it yourself.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
                    stall
                    not on a auto x/road race vehicle...this is the only thing that would benefit from a manual car....I think a stall would only hurt you for this...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

auto-x purposes i would say Strano front swaybar and some Koni's. it's a t-5 so he does not have a stall...unless he's still learning how to drive lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X