rear glass weight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear glass weight...

anyone happen to know what the rear glass weights by its self??

also where can i cut alot of weight? I have the common. I'm talking k-member vs tubular, stuff like that. let me know. This pig (car lol) is going on a diet.

Re: rear glass weight...

VFN fiberglass , has the front and rear window in lexan should save you 100-150LBs, my front tub K and lower A arms were about 50-60LBS from stock , fiberglass hood saved about 20lBS, upper A arms are about the same as stock or about 2-3lBS difference , I just wanted to match the lower A arms. VFN fiberglass even have a shell of the car that weighs 135LBS but its $4500 or something like that. Theres a start, also my Spearco seats weigh about 20lbs lighter than stock total with brackets.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

were putting aluminum kirkey seats in it.. can't get any lighter then that... so your k member is 40lbs lighter then the stocker???

Comment

is that the chromoly K memeber version or regular version steve?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Mines the racing version, lightest your going to get before the came out with the other K , and I got the lower A arms from them too. I would say with the A arms and K member total since we took the K and stock A arms out together, I think total about 55-60LBs and then I added the QA-1's which the package deals claim with all tub. and QA-1's a 75LB weight loss. K member at least 40 lbs, I could pickup the tubular K with A arms attached with 1 hand and the stock K and A arms I couldn't move it at all, I'm 6'4 280lbs and this was before my back problems.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 11-10-2009, 06:23 PM.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

theres a list on ls1tech of everything you can remove and how much they weigh
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
            2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

i hate that website...their search engine blows...and i get tired of the v8 blah blah blah...
              i see/work/build 800+hp v8's weekly...unless you are doing somethin original or pushing the limits...i don't care...lol...
              this is my reason for playing in the v6 playground...not nearly as many people doing it...
              Last edited by 1320smokeshow; 11-10-2009, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
                theres a list on ls1tech of everything you can remove and how much they weigh
                http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/weights.htm

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Brent franker doesn't have any new stuff on his site its all old, no K members glass weight or anything, but VFN does tell you how much the body parts weigh for shipping so it gives you a idea of what the difference might be. I know I found one thread where the guy said it was like 65lB difference for the rear glass going to Lexan and like 45-50Lb difference for the front and the side window were like 10-15lbs, But it also depends on if you choose 1/8th or 3/8th glass with scratch resistance, could be wrong it was awhile ago when I was doing a list to lighten my car.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 11-11-2009, 02:22 AM.

Comment

where did you buy your k member and a-arms?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X