Had to go one last time - Broke into 12s - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to go one last time - Broke into 12s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to go one last time - Broke into 12s

After my last trip http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=98616 was so close I had to go back one more time.

Left lane. Car 59.

This was the best run of the day. I ran 3 other 12.8s and a couple of 13.1s. Threw in a 63 jet which is about 120-125 shot. Ran race gas and took off front sway to free up some weight and allow weight transfer to back better. I was still running pig rich in the 10s afr for most of the runs, but didn't have the time to do any maf calibrating which is what it needed, ltft were throwing it off. I was also still running a full 2.5 inch exhaust, which I think is signficant since there are many people that think you need 3 inch to run any power. I was very happy with this, I knew it had 12s in it, but I didn't think I could break that far into them.
    There were a ton of crazy fast cars there. I know it's only T&T, but it's nice to beat the person next you too. I was running 12s and low 13s all day and don't think I won a single time, lol. Not that there wern't slower cars there, I just never got lined up against them.
    Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
    New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Re: Had to go one last time - Broke into 12s

Originally posted by xcdarrel17 View Post
    After my last trip http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=98616 was so close I had to go back one more time.

Left lane. Car 59.

This was the best run of the day. I ran 3 other 12.8s and a couple of 13.1s. Threw in a 63 jet which is about 120-125 shot. Ran race gas and took off front sway to free up some weight and allow weight transfer to back better. I was still running pig rich in the 10s afr for most of the runs, but didn't have the time to do any maf calibrating which is what it needed, ltft were throwing it off. I was also still running a full 2.5 inch exhaust, which I think is signficant since there are many people that think you need 3 inch to run any power. I was very happy with this, I knew it had 12s in it, but I didn't think I could break that far into them.
    There were a ton of crazy fast cars there. I know it's only T&T, but it's nice to beat the person next you too. I was running 12s and low 13s all day and don't think I won a single time, lol. Not that there wern't slower cars there, I just never got lined up against them.
    congrats on the times...and I know what you mean about not winning the races lol...gets frustrating sometimes...I remember the first 2 years I hit the track...I was always lined up against vettes and 11-12 second cars....made me feel like sh*t all the time lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      congrats on the times...and I know what you mean about not winning the races lol...gets frustrating sometimes...I remember the first 2 years I hit the track...I was always lined up against vettes and 11-12 second cars....made me feel like sh*t all the time lol
      that would be depressing, everytime i go i get lined up with other v6 camaros or imports, so i usually win

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
        that would be depressing, everytime i go i get lined up with other v6 camaros or imports, so i usually win
        yea here I race v8s all day, every once in awhile a gtp will be in the staging lanes, but the rest are all trailer queens. It is quite intimidating when you can't hear your car running in the staging lanes because you have v8s next to you with open headers blasting. ha
        Last edited by 97rs4life; 11-02-2009, 11:34 AM.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
          yea here I race v8s all day, every once in awhile a gtp will be in the staging lanes, but the rest are all trailer queens. It is quite intimidating when you can't here your car running in the staging lanes because you have v8s next to you with open headers blasting. ha
          I know it. It sucks to feel your car rattling and know it has nothing to do with your own engine.
          Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
          New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

yea and my QTP elect. cutout was not working so I was running closed cutout, I wanted to hear it next to them with the cutout open, lol. I know mine is loud as all get out as well with the cutout open. I have to wait till spring now though as the local track is closed for the winter and construction. they are tearing up a bunch of asphalt and replacing it with concrete to prevent moisture from rising through it
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

haha...I know, I used to have to look at my tach gauge to figure out if I had my car turned on or not....cause I sure as hell couldnt hear it/feel it lol....This year I got lined up with alot more cars I could beat...infact I blew alot of cars out of the water this year...and the odd vette I did run, I didn't loose by tooo much....thats usually because my r/t is through the roof...I usually cut between 0.05-0.16 ...the faster cars I ran this year were all closer to .8 or so...so that closed the gap up quite a bit for me...still would loose by a good 6-8 cars though lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                ..... It is quite intimidating when you can't hear your car running in the staging lanes because you have v8s next to you with open headers blasting. ha
                hahaha i lined up against a pro-street Nova this summer at GLD and god i coudlnt even hear my self talk, it was ****ing awesome to see it fly past me down the strip tho!
                Robby
                2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                sigpic

Comment

My gf even commented how she couldn't even hear my car. Just another thing to add to list as to "wtf am I doing modding a v6".

TEAM C6V6

Comment

What will be even funnier once all modded and done fine tuning , their loud cars will be losing to quiet @ss V6's.LOL That would have to hurt their pride alot, make sure they know its a V6.LOL Congrats on the timeslip OP.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      What will be even funnier once all modded and done fine tuning , their loud cars will be losing to quiet @ss V6's.LOL That would have to hurt their pride alot, make sure they know its a V6.LOL Congrats on the timeslip OP.
                      Ohhh yeah! That's why.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by xcdarrel17 View Post

Left lane. Car 59.

Yes I know this is an old thread.

A word to anyone new to running nitrous and reading this, A .063 jet is a 180 HP shot, not a 125.
                        Last edited by bigbrian442; 12-20-2010, 12:32 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                          Yes I know this is an old thread.

I word to anyone new to running nitrous and reading this, A .063 jet is a 180 HP shot, not a 125.
                          .063 is what I was using in my dry kit. It's 125 all day on nearly any calculator.
                          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                            .063 is what I was using in my dry kit. It's 125 all day on nearly any calculator.

179 on the cold fusion nitrous calculator.

http://www.coldfusionnitrous.net/calculator.html

179 on http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm

What ones are you using?
                            sigpic

Comment

My bad. .063 is 150hp at the rear tire.
                              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X