3.8l v6 camaro vs 2005+ 4.0 v6 stang - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.8l v6 camaro vs 2005+ 4.0 v6 stang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8l v6 camaro vs 2005+ 4.0 v6 stang

anybody raced a new v6 stang on the track

on paper they look somewhat equal:
    Camaro Mustang
    200HP 210HP
    225ft/tq 240ft/tq
    better auto trans.

weight advantage depends on options and driver size...

so if u have raced one... who won?
    Last edited by venom3300; 09-24-2009, 11:57 PM.

Re: 3.8l v6 camaro vs 2005+ 4.0 v6 stang

i ran one at the track *ahem*hetookoffatastoplight*ahem* a while back, he got embarrassed.

he was running intake and exhaust, m5, and i weigh in at a feathery light 230 haha. also i'm pretty certain this was before i even completed my exhaust/cutout/tune.

my buddy just picked up a brand new 4.0 with a m5 and i helped him put in a cai, and he just put on a Pypes exhaust and took me for a ride----no need to run, it's definitely slower than mine.
    Last edited by BallerMaro13; 09-25-2009, 12:03 AM.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

last time i hit the track last year there was one with a intake and auto, think the best dude did was 15.8.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Seen one at Grand Bend with nitrous a few years ago run low 14's

I think they were out of Detroit,they also had a Turbo V8 Stang that was low 12's and a Pro Charged V6 that they were trying to sort out.

Comment

raced one of my best friends 07 six cylinder mustang with a 5 speed and smoked it!
          Robby
          2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
          sigpic

Comment

Raced one on the highway and beat em after bout 70. It was even until then.
            auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
            15.11@91.14
            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Raced my friends stock auto stang vs my m5 camaro with intake/exhaust/gears. He lost badly.......
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

mustang shouldnt even be called sports cars, i dont think i have personally raced the newer v6 with mustang, but i i can keep up with a 06gt with boltons and 3.55 gears, so a v6 should be easy depending on your mods

Comment

i recently got a sweet *** tune (tuesday) and went to the track wednesday and i beat a v8 mustang gt by .2 of sec and the guy thought he was hot **** till he found out i had a v6 intake/exhaust/tune so i have no respect for them

Comment

I raced a convertiable model V6 once and he got walked.

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
                      mustang shouldnt even be called sports cars
                      If that were true I wouldn't call my Camaro a sports car. I obviously own a Camaro and I appreciate both cars just as much. Both are a huge part of american car history. If it wern't for Ford building the Mustang, the Camaro would probobly not be around. The whole reason the Camaro was developed was to compete directly with the Mustang.
                      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
                        mustang shouldnt even be called sports cars, i dont think i have personally raced the newer v6 with mustang, but i i can keep up with a 06gt with boltons and 3.55 gears, so a v6 should be easy depending on your mods
                        hmmm,IDK the guy probably had something wrong,my buddies 05 gt ran 13.0 with tune,bulit mufflers,pulleys and k&n filter,oh he was also stalled lol,there fast he would walk my car pretty bad.

Comment

I ran a newer GTP from a light to light and put about 5-6 cars on him, he kept on reving and moving up on me at the light. With my 3.73's and it hooking like a beast,I pulled on him like crazy off the line and being about 3000 LBS with me in it helped too. I have never ran a newer Mustang , I would run my wifes old 95' 5.0 mustang convert. and be up about 4 cars until 3rd gear this was with the M5 and 3.42's in there and she would creep up on me until I would let off.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X