• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B&M ShiftPlus+

sorry dude, when i posted that i was totally hammered. ftw

Comment

haha its cool man I'm ****in stoned and going to see National Treasure 2 :)

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
        haha its cool man I'm ****in stoned and going to see National Treasure 2 :)
        hhahahha awesome

let us know if it was good

Comment

Yes, it was good, lol.

Comment

lol nice....

Comment

ive been using the shift plus for quite a while now. its nothing like a true shift kit (pull the valve body and really get your hands dirty) but for the money and amount of time to install you cant beat it.

how much does this hp tuner cost? compare that to $50. granted it probably does a lot more but the shift plus delivers, but its $50 all said and done.

as far as long term durability ive run it before (on another car) and left it in stage one all the time. ive been doing the same with my camaro. when i first installed it i took my infrared thermometer to the cooling lines after driving for it for extended periods with stock and stage one settings individually. stage one showed 10 degree temperature drops. i did this several times to make sure i wasnt seeing things but came up with the same results.

bottom line... yes, all it does is increase line pressure. the increase in line pressure, however, does not let the clutch bands slip as much as in stock form... creating less friction. i havent done this test with stage two on for an extended periods, if you have an infrared temp sensor id like to see the results. im not going to be the guinea pig (no pun intended tkoforpresident) because the increase in line pressure on stage two is audibly noticeable and probably not good for the trans pump...
              foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
              if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

HPtuners is $500 or $650 depending on if you want the PRO version or not but it lets you tune far more then the trans shift properties. You have full control over all engine functions ( timing, fuel, speed limiters, OBDII codes just to name a few). It also lets you adjust the speedometer for gear changes or tire size. I had the Shift Plus and took it out when I got HPtuners. With changing the transmission settings with HP, it feels just as if you put a valve body kit in it, only you can make it feel stock at low RPM and shift CRISP at higher RPM.

Brian
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442
                  HPtuners is $500 or $650 depending on if you want the PRO version or not but it lets you tune far more then the trans shift properties. You have full control over all engine functions ( timing, fuel, speed limiters, OBDII codes just to name a few). It also lets you adjust the speedometer for gear changes or tire size. I had the Shift Plus and took it out when I got HPtuners. With changing the transmission settings with HP, it feels just as if you put a valve body kit in it, only you can make it feel stock at low RPM and shift CRISP at higher RPM.

Brian

not everyone can get hp tuners or anything like that. In fact my options are completely limited for a 93 3.4, thats why the shift improver makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                    not everyone can get hp tuners or anything like that. In fact my options are completely limited for a 93 3.4, thats why the shift improver makes sense.
                    agreed. i dont exactly have $600+ to drop on something thats going to give me a limited amount of upgrade. the cost just dosent justify, especially compared to a $50 electronic shift kit. plus add the fact that i didnt get a v6 (3400lb) camaro to squeeze every bit of performance out of it. i have "other" v6 projects that are in progress right now that would make cobra, viper, and zo6 owners wondering what happened :)

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroJeff™
                      agreed. i dont exactly have $600+ to drop on something thats going to give me a limited amount of upgrade. the cost just dosent justify, especially compared to a $50 electronic shift kit. plus add the fact that i didnt get a v6 (3400lb) camaro to squeeze every bit of performance out of it. i have "other" v6 projects that are in progress right now that would make cobra, viper, and zo6 owners wondering what happened :)

jeff did you solder the wires?? cuz i couldn't get those stupid pink crimpers to stay on for the life of me! so no i think i'm gonna have to solder them.

Comment

you have to use a pair of channel locks to force the metal tab into the wires, then flip the little arm over. after that youll have a hard time getting them off.

Comment

you have to use a pair of channel locks to force the metal tab into the wires, then flip the little arm over. after that youll have a hard time getting them off.

nawww those blue ones you mean? those are easy u just use plyers to push them down on the wire. what im talking about is the pink tabs that connect to the b&m wires and then plug into the blue things. They came uncrimped which made me mad cuz when i tried i failed miserably, they are really hard to crimp! do you know what i mean?

Comment

i gotcha. i had an issue myself with one.

now that im thinking about it im pretty sure i grabbed another blue splice (one without the spade), laid both wires in it and crimped. basically eliminating the connectors that came with the kit. no issues so far.

Comment

i gotcha. i had an issue myself with one.

now that im thinking about it im pretty sure i grabbed another blue splice (one without the spade), laid both wires in it and crimped. basically eliminating the connectors that came with the kit. no issues so far.

wait, i dont get it... how could you connect two blue things (as we are calling them) together? they both are meant to receive a metal spade into them.....

wait so your telling me you fit the b&m wire AND the stock wire into that little blue thing and crimped them both together? I dont think there would be metal to metal contact ....

Comment

no, i had some of the blue crimp type wire taps in my toolbox. totally seperate from the kit. theyre similar, but they dont have a spade for another connector. you can pick em up at any auto parts store, they have 2 slots in em for tapping another wire to an existing one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X