This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: Jet Chip Install

okay guys, I see it alot "How do i install a Jet Chip" so i figured since I sold mine I would make a write up on how to install it while i was taking mine out.

1.) Disconnect the battery! I can't stress that enough you can harm the chip and your PCM

2.) Take a 7MM socket and unscrew the bottom plug in the PCM

should look like this

3.) Make sure you are free from static (I bought a static braclet at raidoshak 10 bucks) and plug in the jet chip then take a large flathead screw driver after the jet chip is plugged in and tighten up the middle screw DO NOT OVERTORQUE!

4.) Last step your almost there! just plug the PCM in to the Jet Chip take the 7MM you used earlier and screw the bolt into the Jet Chip once again do not overtorque just hand tighten it!

then your done take the car for a drive let it get used to the chip and have fun!

This whole install shouldn't take you more than 10 min. or so..

I hope this helps someone!
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: How To: Jet Chip Install

I would like to know how to fry my PCM by having the battery connected please?
    You dont have the rubber gasket that protects the PCM from water damage... I couldnt get mine back on today, so I said Fuk it

Dont I wish I were cool like you all and had a Jet Stage 2 chip!!! FTW
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

with the battery hooked up you ALWAYS have a better chance of shorting something out
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4
      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

good writeup. With minimal modifications done would you reccomend a mail in tune like pcmforless or a jet chip?
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Great write up
          now all i need is a jet chip

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm
            with the battery hooked up you ALWAYS have a better chance of shorting something out
            or deploying an air bag..
            or blowing up the battery..
            etc.. etc..
            I just wanna know how I can destroy my PCM so I will avoid it.. lol
            I'm sure I could think of alot of ways :)
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
              good writeup. With minimal modifications done would you reccomend a mail in tune like pcmforless or a jet chip?
              MAIL ORDER TUNE > Jet chips
              plus you get lifetime updates

Comment

Where is the PCM located at on the 3.4L Firebirds?

Comment

Anyone? I have heard it is under the dash from some and I have heard it is under the passenger side kick panel is either true? Is there any difference between a 94 and 95 PCM on an A4 camaro/firebird?

Comment

THANKYOU THANKYOU I just got mine yesterday for my 98 fbird i am putting it on tommorow bu my car is already parked for winter so i will not be able to see results until approx march

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X