This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Antenna

So I checked out my spare tire area for the first time today, and noticed a wiring harness just waiting for something to be plugged into it. Please tell me this is for a power antenna..... It'd make things so much simpler.

Thats weird, we both posted about power antenna's within a couple minutes of each other. I didnt see your post before I made mine. I will have to check my car for that harness. That would be cool if there is one there for the antenna. Where are you getting yours from??

EDIT: Also, if it is a harness for the power antenna it would have 3 connections I believe. Power, ground and remote lead to raise it. Is this what you have??

[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: SunsetOrange98Camaro ]</p>
    <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

The Camaro does not have an option for a power antenna so it would not be wired for that option. (don't take that as gosple, but I think that's right. I do know there is no option for it). If your harness is near the back just over the rear wheel well then most likely it is for the stock alarm sensor. If you have a stock sensor or perhaps even an additional speaker wire. If you could give us a discription of the harness (wire colors, how many wires, how many pins is the harness for) we could probably be more accurate in telling you what it is.

HTH
      Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

I have a 97 firebird that had that wiring(should be two wires I think) and yes it is for Power antenna, im for sure because I bought a power antenna and installed it and used those wires and it it works great, so that is where you install it if you get one, but I had to splice into to wires witch is no big deal since it is only two, if you need to know which wires go where, ask, cuz at first I had mine backwards and the thing would make a noise but wouldn't do anything till i switched it, so let me know if you get one and need help....BTW, I got mine for $50 at autozone.
        Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

GM part # 10402860

Its like 65 bucks at gmpartsdirect.com
          Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
          "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
          http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Thanks for the part # man. Is the wiring harness in the spare tire area for this?

Comment

Its either for the antenna or monsoon amp. Thats my guess. If you've ever installed an amp or aftermarkt head unit wiring the power antenna should not be hard.

I plan on getting one at some pt.
              "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre

Comment

Yep. Amps and heads are a snap. Thanks for the info. I'll post again when I grab and install the power antenna.

Comment

amp wireing shoul be on the opposite side, cuz thats where mine is.

Comment

My monsoon amp was on the passanger side. I don't think they swapped sides from 01 to 02.

Comment

Let me ask this dewy, is the wire set up two wires or more??

Comment

It's 4. Blue, Orange, Black, Green. Black connection on the end that looks like it plugs into something (as opposed to something plugging into it.) Typically, blue denotes a "remote" connection. Perhaps it raises the antenna upon power up. Black is 9x out of 10 a ground wire. But the orange and green are throwing me off.

Comment

oh, thats an amp connection I belive, mine had only two wires, not sure why yours doesn't have the power antenna hook up, or maybe you just haven't found it yet, im sure its their if my 97 had it then I don't see why yours wouldn't.

Comment

Ok, after looking in my car, I found the four wire connection you are talking about, its on the same side as the antenna. I bet if you search through the black covering tube you will find the power antenna wires, its acctually three wirs, blue, black and either red or orange. the three wire is what I used to connect mine, so let us know if you find the three wire conector.

Comment

Going back to what DrMilhouse said about the Camaro not having this option. This means that the Camaro shouldnt be wired for it either, correct?? I have a Camaro magazine here that shows how to install a power antenna in a 4th generation Camaro and it says you have to run a wire up to the head unit to tap into the remote turn on in the harness. I will see if I can find that magazine. Also since I have the monsoon amp I will try to find time to look for any other unused harness in my spare tire area. I dont think I will find one though.
                              <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X