X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why was this locked?

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=81049

Just saying, maybe an oversight, but I think its proven that the swap can be done.

I think its a great swap, not the biggest power, but I am sure cost effective I have seen drop out L67 go for $800-$1k.

and we would be able to use alot of our own stock stuff(tranny, K member, maybe even header/exhaust?)

vs... doing a v8 swap and needing a ton of other crap.

Hell they are pulling 13s out of GTPs for little money we should be able to do the same or better with our drive/suspension advantage.

Re: why was this locked?

IDk, I think someone is set on the fact it wont fit at all. It will but I think the labor involved to do it is comparable to a ls1 swap, in terms of making it fit vs replacing all the parts needed. to have the power to dictate, it's a wonderful thing.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Ditto...

I think that is improper use of Mod powers. If someone has the opinion that it wont work show me the proof. That camaro has shown me proof that it will. I would like to see evidance that it won't work, not a improperly locked thread.

Comment

yea, the gtp sc has been fitted to a fbody, a lot of fab work went into it and custom parts, but it was doable with the resources. Easy and worth it, no not in my opinion.

But yea not sure why it was closed, I think the mod misread the title and did not read the actual thread. Bet he figured it was just another person asking if it would fit.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

looks like he may have just browsed over it quickly and didnt notice the whole thread

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by gtpson99
            Ditto...

I think that is improper use of Mod powers. If someone has the opinion that it wont work show me the proof. That camaro has shown me proof that it will. I would like to see evidance that it won't work, not a improperly locked thread.

He's not a MOD, he's the administrator, newbie. If there's a problem, contact him directly.
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Seems pretty obvious to me. I can shoe horn a V10 in an F-body, but it's not going to be in the stock location and it's going to require LOTS of fab work/parts.

I'd also like to see a stock hood close on that motor myself. I don't think it will.
              FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
              Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
              Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=81049

Just saying, maybe an oversight, but I think its proven that the swap can be done.

I think its a great swap, not the biggest power, but I am sure cost effective I have seen drop out L67 go for $800-$1k.

I LOCKED IT, AND I WILL EVERYTIME.

NO, THE SWAP CAN NOT BE DONE! THIS IS NOT A BOLT-ON MOD!!

HACKING THE **** OUT OF THE GTP M90, OR THE BODY DOES NOT RATE THE QUOTE "3800 s/c motor WILL fit in a f-body".

WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE THINK THAT YOU CAN JUST BOLT-ON A GTP SUPERCHARGER! ENOUGH!! THIS QUESTION IS ASKED WAY TOO MUCH!

:rant: :mad:
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I'm going out on a limb here to clarify this.

The title : 3800 s/c motor WILL fit in a f-body, is VERY misleading. ANY motor will fit in the F-body. We already knew that. The title should have read: Modified 3800 s/c motor installed in f-body. I would have even titled more ***CUSTOM INSTALL*** or something of the like.

I understand FirebirdGT's frustration. We are old men and get tired of the same question over and over and over again. Snakeoil didn't help matters any in that thread, btw. Having a conversation about what can or needs to be done by verteran mechanics or fabricators is encouraged. Wording needs to be correct because not everyone is on the same playing field here. Remember was have lots of new guys that can change oil or a tire, while others that can install a 10pt roll cage with their eyes closed.

These topics should be in the advance forum, and the owner of the thread should be watching it. When newbs get into it, thread owner should moderate the issue themselves. Making VERY clear that it would require work and not just R&R work, but work that is beyond 95% of this board. (and that's being generous) Take the responsibility of educating and teaching. It's not hard, it takes patience.

Thank you
                  Steve
                  FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                  Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                  Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X