Search problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search problem

Every time I search I get this...is this happening to anyone else, or is it just me for some reason?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/cv6admin/public_html/forum/search.php on line 1155
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Re: Search problem

works fine for me

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

I googled your problem and this showed up, so hopefully that helps.

http://drupal.org/node/283579

Comment

From that link it sounds like a server side problem. Is it just one thing you're trying to search specifically or just anything?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

it works for some things but i tried to search I think it was "car died" then just now "car wont start" and it's still doing it
          auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
          15.11@91.14
          Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

seems that it just doesn't like the word "car" just searching car yields the same results. and taking car out of search terms makes it work

New Time:
            15.11@91.14
            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

This is a common problem for php scripts that are resource intensive (like this forum). The error indicates that the php configuration on the server is restricted to 33,554,432 bytes aka 32 megabytes and that this php script (search.php) is trying to exceed that maximum memory allocation restriction. The reason it happens with some searches and not others is due to the memory usage associated with the execution of that particular search. Say a search for the word 'car' yields 20,000 results, this will use a lot more memory than a search for an obscure word.

To fix this issue more memory would have to be allocated in the php configuration. Someone who runs the server would have to edit the php.ini configuration file and set "memory_limit" to something higher than 32M.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneEightSeven View Post
                This is a common problem for php scripts that are resource intensive (like this forum). The error indicates that the php configuration on the server is restricted to 33,554,432 bytes aka 32 megabytes and that this php script (search.php) is trying to exceed that maximum memory allocation restriction. The reason it happens with some searches and not others is due to the memory usage associated with the execution of that particular search. Say a search for the word 'car' yields 20,000 results, this will use a lot more memory than a search for an obscure word.

To fix this issue more memory would have to be allocated in the php configuration. Someone who runs the server would have to edit the php.ini configuration file and set "memory_limit" to something higher than 32M.

Well Duh! :slap:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I haven't had any problems with it.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X