X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '88 Allanté

This is my 1988 Cadillac Allanté.

History:
    The Cadillac Allanté was a 2 seater roadster produced from 1987 to 1993 with roughly 21,000 models produced. Mine has a FWD 4.1L V8 in it. The body of the Allante was designed and built in Italy by Pininfarina and then shipped to the Cadillac plant in Michigan in 747s. This gave it nicknames such as "the flying Italian Cadillac" and "the world's longest assembly line". Now, this car was very classy back then (and still is today, for some, like me) however, the performance of the Allante compared to its RWD competitors was very much inferior because of it being front wheel drive, thus giving it the "all show, no go" image.

Other:
    You guys may or may not be wondering why I would want a new car if I have a convertible Cadillac as my daily driver - a teenager's dream, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this car, however there are a few things about it that are a little annoying (the previous owner did not take very good care of this car) and impractical.

Reasons for impracticability:
    1 A brother and a girlfriend who both do not drive (three people, two seats doesn't work too well).
    2 This thing gets crap gas mileage. We're talking 12 or 13 mpg here.

Now maybe those reasons aren't good enough or there aren't enough reasons to begin with, but my dad agrees with me.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded explanation of everything, here's the car, and the last picture is of the digital guages, which I really enjoy. Also, here's a short video of it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdL7i0UlCnE

Re: My '88 Allanté

Comment

those were cool cars. Didnt last though. Not the best car caddy ever came out with. You should find some eldorado wheels and throw them on if they fit.
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

They definitely had their flaws, but it sure is fun to drive. Let me tell you, everybody at school is jealous of me! And actually, I believe the Eldo wheels are the same dimensions so that is pretty possible

Comment

i like it

Comment

yea some 98 ish ETC wheels would look hott on that.
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

and the other thing I don't really like about it is, well a couple of things.

1. It didn't last long so there aren't many replacement parts for it cause they're all discontinued.
              and
              2. There aren't any real mods for it.

Comment

I think it looks pretty dope, even the fact that its a cadillac convertible. I would get rid of that red trim going all the way around, or at least paint it black, I hate pinstripes and the like its just so 80's/old people thing. Blacking out the tails would look cool too.

Even if there aren't many aftermarket parts you can still probably do a custom tubing intake with a high flow k&n (check ebay, they actually do work), and I bet you that thing would sound mean with a true dual setup.

Comment

as seen on "cadillac man"

try cadillacforums.com. I found a pant load of good info on my CTS, and they also have some allante' forums too.
                  1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                  94 comero 3.4

Comment

That thing is emaculate. Very clean and well cared for. You're very lucky to find a car like that.

That's a 4.1 V8 with 170 hp and 235 tq. The only problem with that car is that it weighs over 3700lbs. With your convertible it would be at 3800lbs. It takes almost 9 sec. to get it to 60 mph. But hell, it's a Caddy, so who cares about that.

Whatever you do don't turn it into a low rider like I've seen in LA.
                    Last edited by Mighty Thor; 04-06-2009, 09:27 PM.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

It may take a while to get to sixty, but it definitely has some kick in the low rmps. And it most certainly will not become some ghetto rig.

Comment

im diggin the rims man congrats!
                        Robby
                        2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X