Need help from the best enthusiasts ever. The F-body v6 ones! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help from the best enthusiasts ever. The F-body v6 ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from the best enthusiasts ever. The F-body v6 ones!

Hello guys well every time I post a question here plenty of people reply fairly quickly and answer my questions to the fullest. That is why I have come here for your help. Well my dads birthday was yesterday and he drives a 2000 5.4 triton V8 but yeah being that gas is so expensive over here in California he had his eyes on this Blue 1995 2.3 Z24 Cavalier 5 Spd. So me and my brother went halfsies and purchased it for him. He was happy but this wouldn't last very long. This morning we were replacing certain wear and tear items and checking to make sure all the fluids and everything was fine and that is when we noticed that there was a problem that none of us had encountered before so here it goes. Okay so you turn on the emergency lights and all the turn signals front and back right an left are working and blinking like they should be. But lets say you turn off the emergency lights and you put your left turn signal on they don't blink they just turn on and I noticed its like this inside the cabin to. If you put the right one on. The dash tells us that it is blinking and it does that by making the right green arrow inside the dash blink. But when we put the left turn signal on, the one inside the cabin just turns on but doesn't blink. So would of any of you know why they would all work fine with the emergency lights but the left ones just turn on and not blink at all when the turn signal is on. And also why its not just doing this outside of the vehicle but also inside the cabin. Any help would be appreciated. Do you guys know if it could be the wiring? I know its not the flashers because they all bink when the emergency lights are on. But that left one just turns a solid red and doesn't blink. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need help from the best enthusiasts ever. The F-body v6 ones!

cause on the leftside thats its not working the light bulb is backwords you know how it has 2 filiaments i think thats wat its called cause its the light and the blinker so its getting the wrong power that happen to me just get the bulb take it out and turn it and put it in again see if that works

Comment

i just had this prob in my maro.... mine turned out to be my blinker relay.... but mine the left turn signal would freeze, right was fine, and emergancy blinkers worked.

Comment

the emergency lights and standard blinkers can use different flashers (I know they do on our F-Bodies). I'd check the flasher or bulbs.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Agree, flasher unit bad.

Comment

turn signal flasher is bad. It's gonna be an EL12 from autozone (they will tell you it's an LF12, but get the EL12, it's electromechanical and it's the same price). Also, on those cars, check your antifreeze and flush your rad ASAP. For some reason when they switched over to dexcool in 95, they did a crappy job of preparing the cheaper vehicles
            Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X