'66 Chevelle Rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '66 Chevelle Rebuild.

Me and my cousin are rebuilding his '66 Chevelle 350 small block. It has been sitting since 1994 and barely worked before.

We reasembled the front of the engine adding the water pump, pulleys, alternator; replaced the frozen edelbrock carb with a really nice used holly carb; set up all the fuel lines, added an electric fuel pump, replaced some valve cover gaskets, blahblahblahblahblah. Pretty much, we got it to run on its own today after a few failed attempts. I have some cell phone pics and vids but it was pretty exciting getting it to run after 14 years of sitting in the rain being filled with water, leaves all inside of it, and it only took two days.

Ill add the cell phone vids and pics later today or tomorrow (probably during work because I like to slack off.)

One problem we have right now is not being able to find the driveshaft that fits the car, we have about (10) 55/57 chevy driveshafts but no chevelle d/s.

Upcoming projects on it (off the top of my head)
    Convert to disk brakes in front (yes, it has drum brakes all around. lol)
    Replace all front suspension
    Get ignition and all that junk
    add the front back on and put radiator/fan back in.

Ill update soon.

This is the only picture i can get right now. This is what it currently looks like. The valve covers, electric fuel pump and holly carb are the only things bought new and put on. everything else has been sitting for 14 years.

Heres some videos:

Engine Shooting Some Flames...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9d2ov__1A0

Engine Startup!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STmDqaqZiQI

-------------------EDIT--------------------

We had to take the engine out to do a transmission swap. We had at least 6 or 7 driveshafts and none of them fit, they were either too long or too short. We finally decided to swap transmissions because we measured the other one we had and found out one of the driveshafts we had would fit the other transmission. we got the motor out, transmission off, took other transmission off the other engine, swapped, and dropped it back in. It was the first time we have ever done that and did half of it in the dark, it took about 4-5 hours.

All thats next, that we can think of, is to put the driveshaft in, install the shifter and all that fun stuff, figure out all the fuel lines and such, get it all wired up and it should start...hopefully.
    Last edited by cantrip; 06-03-2008, 11:57 AM.

Re: '66 Chevelle Rebuild.

Awesome!!!

My old man had a chevelle and a buick special back in the day...and he wrecked 'em both. Hahaha

I need some pics and videos!!

Comment

very nice. My good buddy in highschool had a 68, ran 10's iirc. Looked SICK.
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Bump for pic and videos.

Comment

ttt

updated if anyone cares, lol

Comment

holy crap man, change that timing before you blow the damn engine up

either you guys have the wires messed up on the distrib or that thing is WAY WAY too far retarded

Comment

anyways, its good to see you fixin up that SBC.. it still lives on after 30+ years

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X