I'm not a truck guy but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a truck guy but....

Dad's new truck... 03 F-350 V10 Lariat with 40k miles. He let me drive it around town, Damn its a big as truck. Lots of turning of the steering wheel when handeling it around crowded streets. Overall its an awsome truck inside and out.

(thats a cell phone pic too :D )

And I'll throw in some other pics... some guy my stepdad carpools to work with had this in the driveway.

After getting my crown vic, I know mine is a police interceptor but I couldn't see how they could make the interior any nicer, I was wrong! This was a real nice car!
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: I'm not a truck guy but....

Smart, buy a V10 1 Ton Crew Cab truck when gas prices are $4.00 a gallon.

It's a nice truck though, although If I were buying a truck that big, it would be a diesel.

Big trucks w/ gas motors :tdown:
    Big trucks w/ diesel motors :tup:
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
      Smart, buy a V10 1 Ton Crew Cab truck when gas prices are $4.00 a gallon.

It's a nice truck though, although If I were buying a truck that big, it would be a diesel.

Big trucks w/ gas motors :tdown:
      Big trucks w/ diesel motors :tup:
      well the two vehicles he had before (older ford got same gas mileage as this) and the tahoe got better mileage unless he was hauling equipment which in return got the same as the new ford. He hauls motorcycles, boat, and equipment for plumbing business. Plus diesel prices are outrageous as well.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I like the new truck, my dad just purchased a 05 F-150 Lariat and it is indeed nice. Very roomy for long trips.

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
          I like the new truck, my dad just purchased a 05 F-150 Lariat and it is indeed nice. Very roomy for long trips.
          we are taking the bikes to florida this summer and I can't wait for the trip in this truck compared to the tahoe last year. The extended cab gives more room in the back then my crown vic.

Comment

nice but i feel bad for you. My dad has an 05 250 with the 5.4 the damn thing gets about 10mpg. I can literly take a trip and watch the gauge go down as i drive. The 6.8 has to be somewhere around 8mpg
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
              nice but i feel bad for you. My dad has an 05 250 with the 5.4 the damn thing gets about 10mpg. I can literly take a trip and watch the gauge go down as i drive. The 6.8 has to be somewhere around 8mpg
              he said he's getting 10 as well, but its the same no matter what (hauling or not)

Comment

Our 8L v10 gets like 12 city. Same whether it's just driving around or pulling a 5000lb trailer. It's about as big of a truck as I would ever want, except with the addition of 4x4 (lifted a bit). That truck isn't my cup of tea, but they sure are nice inside.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                  yeah the F150 my dad has goes between 13.9 - 15.1 Mpg, he has the 5.4L, his is also 4x4

Comment

I agree, diesel prices are outrageous as well but a diesel truck is a completely different truck, comparing it to a gas.

Diesels have more power, more torque, better fuel mileage, sounds better, more respect etc.. haha

Unless you have a yacht your pulling around, It's a bit overkill of a truck to pull motorcycles and plumbing equipment.

I have a 14ft enclosed trailer, pull atv's and motorcycles and my truck has a 5,500# tow capacity.. Pull's it no problem, dont even feel it behind you.

I would hate having a truck that gets 10mpg or less fuel mileage :(

It's a nice truck though!

"king ranch" ford's have the NICEST interior ever, It doesnt have that package does it?
                    *Matt

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                      I agree, diesel prices are outrageous as well but a diesel truck is a completely different truck, comparing it to a gas.

Diesels have more power, more torque, better fuel mileage, sounds better, more respect etc.. haha

Unless you have a yacht your pulling around, It's a bit overkill of a truck to pull motorcycles and plumbing equipment.

I have a 14ft enclosed trailer, pull atv's and motorcycles and my truck has a 5,500# tow capacity.. Pull's it no problem, dont even feel it behind you.

I would hate having a truck that gets 10mpg or less fuel mileage :(

It's a nice truck though!

"king ranch" ford's have the NICEST interior ever, It doesnt have that package does it?
                      No it has the lariat. He didn't have 30k to drop down on a truck and he wanted a 250 but found this along the way. I understand completely about the diesel comments. The only difference really is in the torque department. Around 460 for the v10 and around 640 for the diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird View Post
                        The only difference really is in the torque department. Around 460 for the v10 and around 640 for the diesel.
                        and the turbo :drool:... My buddy has a 04? Chevy 2500HD crew cab, with a duramax, straight pipe exhaust, some diesel tuner from diablo sport and an intake.

It has 5 stage programmer, and on the 3rd stage it adds 150hp. OMG it's ridiculous to ride in a 8,000 lb truck that slides through intersections like a sports car.

It really sticks ya in your seat, and he has never put it on stage 4 or 5.

Plus with all that torque it could probably pull a house off it's foundation.
                        *Matt

Comment

Come to Mt. Sterling, KY sometime :D You wanna see some rednecks pulling each other's diesels then this is the place for you HAHA... I'm so glad i got the hell out of there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X