Projects you are thinking about doing. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projects you are thinking about doing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projects you are thinking about doing.

What are some projects you guys have floating around your heads....

This is one I have going on in my head.

Late 70s Nova Kind of like this.

1979 Nova

Then maybe a cammed 4.8L or 5.3L out of a Silverado. I hear with an aggressive cam, supporting mods and a good tune you can get almost 400 hp out of them n/a

Still be streetable, maybe juice it... probably keep it an auto but entertain the idea of a 6-speed will add cost.

Then paint it dark gray and black rally rims, black grill, etc....

Minus the headache of tuning it, would be an easy, cheap car to make, be very streetable, and even be reasonable on gas. Proably Nitrous it for fun. good 500 hp.

Car? $1500-$3k
    Motor Less then $600
    Tranny $600-1500 depending what I use
    mods $1k
    Paint/body $2k
    wheels/tires $800ish

Not the most desired looking car but I think it would still be kind of cool setup. Different, fast, and overall pretty cheap.

Re: Projects you are thinking about doing.

Here is my current project or at least what I want the end result to end up looking like.
    http://www.fquick.com/garages/Pontia...Am/1981/11429/

I also have a '52 Dodge 3-window coupe that I am turning into a Rat Rod. Tubular chassis, because the current one will never handle the power that it will be subjected to. Engine is a '67 440, transmission is the bullit proof 727, rear end is 9" with disc brakes out of a Lincoln Versailles. I'll roll around with the 3-speed auto for a while until I can afford a gear-vendors unit to help split the gears up and get some lower rpms while cruising the highway.

Comment

I have wanted to get my hands on a FD RX-7 and throw the magic triangles in the trash to make room for a LS-x. That or maybe a blown C5. While I think either of those projects would be do able, I can't do them now so they are just kind of sitting around for a few more years.

Comment

I'm financial strapped right now because of my personal situation. There's only 4 more things I would like to do with the Firebird and then conclude it.

My next project would be my Fiero: Paint, Electronic Gauges with led lights, Racing Seats, Eibach Springs, Tint window, change side panels and tail light cover, change Stereo system, Black Wheels with z rated tires. Then the engine would be GTP 3.8 with a 4 speed auto or 5 speed manual with Random Tech Cat and Flowmaster exhaust with Ocelot Headers. Hopefully I'll still pass CA emission.

If God bless me with unlimited money I would definately convert my '89 into Knight Rider with a 3.8 V6 engine with the same mod as my '98. Gotta keep it in the V6 family.

Last edited by Mighty Thor; 03-13-2008, 02:28 PM.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I have ALWAYS wanted to have a Sting Ray 'vette for weekend car... I don't know when the project is going to start but it's something I admired for long time... these cars are hot...

:)
          09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
          sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

I've always wanted to put tank treads on a mini cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by kala View Post
              I have ALWAYS wanted to have a Sting Ray 'vette for weekend car... I don't know when the project is going to start but it's something I admired for long time... these cars are hot...

:)
              Indeed those cars are hot ........ They USE to have some around here but they all went bye bye :( A bunch of white and blue

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
              I've always wanted to put tank treads on a mini cooper.
              YES!!!!

As for what I would want a project to be would be on my own car, and I plan for MOST of this to happen over time. I want:

98+ front clip (coming this summer hopefully)
              SS Spoiler (Again Summer .. Hopefully)
              Repaint it midnight blue
              Silver racing stripes
              RIMS
              Maybe get some white faced gauges
              ummm Probably a new-er-ish engine (maybe move up to a 3.8 or V8) <<< Not happening for a long long time unless I can talk my uncle into sending me parts.

Thats all I can really think of right now. haha

Comment

63(?) split window...

until then, i think im going to stick with my truck. Im thinking of slamming it at some point, maybe try to get it in the 11's (runs 12's on juice as is)
                2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                2006 S60- Sold
                2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

^ Nice hood ^

Comment

well most of you guys might dont like it but im gonna say it anyways... i want to build... a Honda...probably a 92 hatch... with a b16b(jdm) engine in it.... with right mods... and LOTS of money.... you can produce 800+hp out of that small 4banger... and for the outside appearance..... PURE STOCK!!!! but for interior... should be everything.... be the Perfect sleeper.... if money wasnt just an issue....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
                    Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

LOL I admit when I was selling my 5.0 and I was getting offered civic hatches and cash I did think about it.

Comment

I'll be working on the Police Interceptor this summer. Hopefully just a few small things such as bench seats, window tint, antenna hole replacement with caps or antenna, newer hubcaps or wheels, visors... basically comfort/luxury mods and a few gas improving mods.
                        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Selling my car and getting a Trans Am!!:drool:

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
                            ^ Nice hood ^
                            thanks.
                            sarcasm?

its pretty ghetto, cant say i like it too much.... Eventually i want to get a basic 2 or 3" cowl.
                            2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                            2006 S60- Sold
                            2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

My cousins dad has a couple old chevy bel airs and a 67 chevelle or so that he started working on. Id like to get that project started back up. As for me, i plan on getting a 98+ trans am, formula, firehawk, etc and converting the front end with my current 97 v6 bird. I want to turn it into a really nice audio car and still have power but dont plan to do crazy mods like most people on here. I want the car to be extremely mint with less than 40-50k miles on it, really would like 20,000 or so but, they get expensive.

By the way. Does anyone know if there is a v8 bird 98+ that doesnt come with ttops or convertable? I wouldnt use the ttops and id rather just have a hardtop because im using the trunk for the subs and i like the hatch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X