trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trucks

I decided once summer comes, Im gunna sell the camaro so I can buy a decent truck. The only problem is I cant decide what to get. I want a truck in good condition without high miles. Im gunna have between 4 and 4500 prolly. a v8 would be nice, but after searching, Im finding that I prolly wont be able to afford a v8 unless its like an early 90s f150. and I dont want it to be any older that like a 97 or 98.

I used to have a 4 cylinder s10 and it was slow as sin, so I want a truck faster than that. I was thinking about a dakota maybe, but I dont know a whole lot about them. also, one that gets OK gas mileage is good.

so. any suggestions? maybe of a v6 with decent power or an affordable v8

Re: trucks

Chevy/GMC fullsize, dish out the extra to get 4x4 and a V8, V8 will probably get the same if not better MPG anyways and resell will be alot more

If going w/ a small truck I've always liked the Dakotas because there a bit bigger than S10's/Rangers I believe and the 318 V8 option has plenty of power
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

i have a 92 dakota. i like it as a truck, it just blows that i cant get it to pass inspections so i can drive it...
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Dakotas are good trucks. Not as expensive for their size, and tend to get better gas mileage than other trucks. I drove an '06 a couple of times when it was new, and it was comfortable. They're also quite reliable from what I've heard.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

you guys talkin about v6 or v8 dakotas? cuz I prolly cant afford a v8

Comment

mine is an older dak with a 5.9 dropped in it... definitely not what youre looking for. i dont have any experience with the newer ones either.

dont get a ranger.
            2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
            2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
              mine is an older dak with a 5.9 dropped in it... definitely not what youre looking for. i dont have any experience with the newer ones either.

dont get a ranger
              Theres nothing wrong with a ranger ......

Comment

yeah i dont want a ranger, too many horror stories.

I think Ive decided on a dakota, but does anyone have or have driven a v6 (3.9 I believe) one. I dont want a truck thats ridiculously slow. anyone know if these are or not?

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
                  Theres nothing wrong with a ranger ......
                  My friend has a Ranger as a DD.
                  Great truck. Except when your wheel bearing goes out at 60k and it sounds like you have a rodent getting rammed in your wheel well.
                  And its a 400 dollar part, since he has the 4wd.

Comment

i wish i had taken pictures of the accident my mom got in... i know ive mentioned this before. she had a crack in her bumper, he had a totaled truck!

not to mention one of my friends drives a newer ranger and it just feels like a pos, even compared to my 92 dakota.
                    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                    2006 S60- Sold

Comment

i have to agree with Steve newer rangers don't feel like there put together very well. get like a good mid 90's Dakota with a 318 and 4WD there is one down the street that a old man owned in the front yard for sale for 4000 its a good looking truck (i think he died and his wife is selling it) if i didnt have my jeep i would have got a Dakota

Comment

well mine is a 2004 and is my DD and it hasnt treated me wrong yet the only problem I have is in the back of the cab, and thats because of the seats, my chair gets stuck on em when I try to put it in. Other then that it's 2WD and it runs good, I like mine, but it is all about personal preference

Comment

honestly... I only have some experience with dodge trucks, but a decent amount with a 2k2 Ram.

but the terms...

Reliable, ok gas mileage The last thing I think of is dodge.

Also along the lines of low mileage, but 10 year old truck, and cheap. You are not going to find them, people don't really have trucks as 2nd vehicles they never drive, they usually drive the piss out of them.

There has been a 94 Dakota in my family for awhile, slower then dog****, but overall not that "bad" of a truck. Been struck by lightening, killed the computer. lots of misc. things, and I had to do the fuel pump when my brother got stranded in Orlando with it. The thing gets horrid gas, is kind of roomy, engine has had a knock for 2 years and my bro is the worst at maintaining vehicles. I guess if you consider problems per mile/year, its been more reliable then our 2k2 Ram.

don't know if its your budget, I doubt it is, but I would look into a LS series V8 in a full size chevy.

good gas, reliable, decent pep. But i know the cost goes up, but I never really looked at single cab trucks I wanted at least an extended cab if I was to get a truck.
                          Last edited by DAS BOOT; 02-22-2008, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X