should i buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i buy?

1993 ford probe, 2500$, its got a JDM motor with 40k on it, a T3/T4 garrett turbo with all custom piping and everything, 2 14' subs and 100 shot of nitrous...the guy took me out for a ride, we were at a light next to a sti, we won by half a length, he says it needs a dyno tune bad so that would make it even quicker...only thing is its ugly as hell...dented faded cracked....

Re: should i buy?

no no no

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

i agree .... NO!

Comment

My friend had a probe....it sucked all around....

No x3
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

and the STI wasn't racing, seriously. No way you 'won' from a stop.

Comment

Haha dude go to wikipedia and look up ford probe, Its rather funny what the japanese do in their spare time, when they arent designing their little bubble cars

Comment

It's a probe, just consider the name. Hey what do you drive, A Probe. If you get it you'll fit in great with at least one type of crowd.
              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

im keeping my maro....ill always keep my maro. and the only thing probe about it is the body...the engine is all japan, i dont like ricers. but this car is INSANE. you floor it and all you can hear is the turbo, then blow off. it sounds sick as hell. and the sti was racing.
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Comment

What's different about the japanese engine? Was anything done to the engine to help it withstand the turbo and nitrous? I don't think I would pay that much for a car in bad physical condition that has been heavily modified by some random guy.

I'm also confused how a FORD probe is rice. I also don't understand how people dump a lot of money into making a car faster and then never get a tune for it. It's just asking to blow an engine apart running around on nitrous and boost with no tune.

Comment

i know the guy. its only running 4pounds of boost, the nitrous has been sprayed once and the jdm engine has more compression, and it is rice..

Comment

4lbs? Nitrous? High(er) compression? Sounds like he was trying to build a recipe for a cooked engine. Not saying he doesn't know his stuff but maybe he was trying to have it all instead of settling with N/A, Power Adder of nitrous or Turbo.

Everyone is a friend till they sell you an reliable piece of crap and it blows up, then it's called life experience.
                        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Only 2500 for what sounds like a D@MN quick car? Eff the naysayers. Buy it! Put some money into a tune right away and have some fun with the car! I know people who spend more than that just on a computer or a bicycle!

BTW high compression + low boost is fine as long as he's not getting detonation. In fact, the higher compression you can run, the better. That's why these Acura RSX-S motors with their low teens compression are so crazy when they put turbo setups on them.
                          1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

thats what i was thinking, cheap, fast, car for me to learn how to work on, i was thinking about pulling the nitrous lines cause really i dunt want it...im happy with the sick *** turbno...

Comment

I did a little more research on this. The engine is the Mazda KL-ZE. It's a 2.5L V6 with 10:1 compression putting down roughly 200bhp stock. The dyno charts I saw for 6 psi on a 60 trim turbo are around 250 to the wheels and those owners were running low 14s to high 13s in the 1/4.

A stock STi is good for low to mid 13s depending on the launch. With the weight advantage going to the probe I could see a race between them being close if the STi doesn't launch, but I doubt an untuned T3/T4 on 4 psi would take a STi with a decent driver.

If you want something to mess around with it sounds like it could be a relatively fast car. I still think I would talk him down in price if the outside is beat up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X