1980 Malibu (my 1st car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 Malibu (my 1st car)

Its been put on hold while in college but I decided to start her up yesterday and give her a good wash. Let me know what you think.

Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: 1980 Malibu (my 1st car)

Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Comment

Outstanding.

Comment

Throw some D's on the *****!! I have always loved those early eighties malibu's. Great looking car.

Comment

Originally posted by Savorybacon
            Throw some D's on the *****!!
            Soon she'll get lowered and some 18 inch TT2's

Comment

What engine does it have?

I had a 79 lemans (also a gbody) with those same wheels lol...

there fun cars, easy to work on and that underside is really clean for a gbody...
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

The car had a 305 in it when I purchased it awhile back. You could tell it wasn't the stock motor, I believe it came out of a chevy pickup. The VIN said it came with a v6. The 305 that was in the car (out of a truck) was in bad shape, leaked oil, misfired, and had no power... alot due to the two barrel on top. So instead of fixing it up, which I had planned, we just went to a junk yard and found a 350 vortech out of a 98 tahoe and swapped it out. We converted to a carbn as well. Many people ask why I didn't put a larger motor in or why I didn't leave the fuel injection... Well, I wanted a car that was easy to drive street wise and yet still have the power to have fun. I just want the car to look great and have a great looking engine. Thats the reason I'm not putting a cowl hood or anything else power wise. I get a lot of compliments on the wheels and color, but I'm getting different wheels and re-painting it the same color.

Comment

I don't know how many miles the engine has... since the swap only about 1k but the car says 126k as of right now. Which isn't too bad for a 27 going on 28 year old vehicle.

and its so fun to work on... easy to reach everything no computer :)

Comment

yea the rims should look sweet...i didn't like the solid style
                    1999 Camaro Z/28
                    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

how much did u pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                        how much did u pay for it
                        well I bought it in 2001 i think and it had a 305 pos... I believe the total was $3,490

With the new motor and cleaned up a bit, I could probably sale it for double that. It was already this color, had the wheels on it and exhaust... we just did the tint, chrome accents, and engine swap.

Comment

aw man thats awesome.. i'd take that in a heart beat.

P.S. Don't change the wheels! :(

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                          R.I.P. '07 Pats
                          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Nice to see people repping the Malibu, my first car was 1999 Malibu, but I'm about to sale it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas02Fbody
                              Nice to see people repping the Malibu, my first car was 1999 Malibu, but I'm about to sale it.
                              sold my 2000 malibu earlier in the year. It was a great car, good pep, real comfortable and very reliable. I didn't want to get rid of it but had to choose the firebird or the malibu.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X