Bought a Boat!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Boat!!!

always wanted one so I caught the itch the past couple weeks and went looking. Posted on a local f-body board and that led me to my purchase. Kind of an early Christmas present from my family.

for now, year and make is unknown but it is a 14ft aluminum boat. I think it is semi-v-bottom with no motor attached. 4 benches and of course a trailer. When i was talking to the kid, he said it didn't have any Vin numbers, registration numbers, no title, nothing so he sold it to me for 125 bucks!!!! Turns out it has a Vin number on it, registration numbers from 2001 with the sticker so I got a bill of sale and am going back to the tag agency Monday morning. Boat is in great shape, trailer needs to repainted and only has surface rust. I have already replaced all the bump/skid boards on the trailer and plain to paint it next weekend. new tires, new bearings and races and the grease is still fresh... a good thing cause i went up there, two hours away, plaining on repacking the bears in a walmart parking lot. Has trailer lights but I am going to re due everything properly so I know it will last. It has an older style coupler but he gave me a new class III coupler has was planning on using for it.

Funny thing, on the boat, he has house plugs rigged up on the front and back in the boat. :rolleyes:

I don't want to jinx myself but I think i walked away with a really really good deal compared to anything else you can find like on ebay.

I know this tread is worthless without pics but my digital camera will not turn on and it has fresh batteries so you guys will have to deal :p
    Last edited by BLLDOGG; 12-17-2006, 08:55 PM.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Re: Bought a Boat!!!

Gonna put a hitch on your camaro to tow it? lol Start going fishing, it so relaxing and fun. I should to it more often.

Comment

LOL!!!

I own a truck

Comment

screw the truck, the camaro has enough ponies to pull an aluminum boat. Just keep it outa the salt water :P
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Wow, it almost sounds too good to be true, I sold my plastic canoe for $200.

Make sure everything is legit before you finalize the deal.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

gonna get the cops to do a coutisey sniff before you get nabbed for possesion w/intent to distibute?
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

put a "R" between the o and a and this would be an amazing thread...congrats on your purchase I hope all of your boating adventures serve you well!

Comment

good news fellows, got a hold of the owner....sorta of. Turns out the registered owner died in 2000 but his son is more than willing to help me out getting the title :banana:

I called the manufacture and They think it is a late 40's model A and the 188th made. Pretty cool since they didn't start making civilian boats until 1946 :D

I'm going to email the manufacture to see if they can track down an exact year because it is registered as a 1945 boat but they didn't even make 14ft boats until 1954 so I want them to spend some time to really look into it.
                Last edited by BLLDOGG; 11-20-2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Still working on getting the title. got with a title/lien company and am doing a storage lien to force the tax commission to issue me a title.

Haven't done anything with it yet but will not be doing much. replace the transom, wood on back, get ride of the ghetto wiring, put on a troller motor, some clamp on seats, etc

Last edited by BLLDOGG; 12-17-2006, 08:56 PM.

Comment

no offense but i would be afraid to take that out on the water. thats just me though
                    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                    1994 Camaro - Sold
                    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

why? its in good shape structurally. no corrosion and however ugly and sloppy, the sealant on the back is sealing. that sealant is there because there are/were some bolts. I am going to clean all that up

Comment

i am sure its all good and once u clean it up it will look mint. what do u plan on usin it for fishing or just cruisin around ? around me we have the great south bay that leads out to the atlantic ocean. bay could be rough at times and can take a beating.
                        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                        1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

just really fishing and just getting out onto the lake when camping. trust me, It will be one slick boat when I'm done. the only alteration from factory I am thinking about doing is adding a floor. no, deck/stand but just a simple floor.

I have been told by knowledgeable people, this style boat is really stable on rough water :D
                          Last edited by BLLDOGG; 12-18-2006, 08:07 PM.

Comment

just enjoy it, thats the best part esp playing hookey in the summer and goin out on the water
                            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                            1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

screw an outboard, you should put a 454 in the back and make it a racing boat!:naughty:

seriously though, nice find, $125 for that can't be beat! that price included the trailer?
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X